It’s All About What You Eat
Include the most heart healthy foods in your food plan:
· Blueberries contain anthocyanin, a major antioxidant.
· Eat wild (but not farmed!) Alaskan salmon for the high amount of omega-3 fat.
· Oatmeal (not instant) is not typically in very low carb diet plans (acceptable in Step 3) but it’s one of the most nourishing whole grains around. It’s been proven to reduce cholesterol levels.
· Spinach is especially high in heart health nutrients.
· Nuts are heart healthy because: they raise HDL, they contain omega-3 fatty acids, provide vitamin E which fights plaque in your arteries, and plant sterols valuable in lowering cholesterol. They also provide L-arginine which keeps your artery walls flexible and free from blood clots.