Lifestyle and Balance
May is Stroke and High Blood Pressure Awareness Month. To prevent a stroke:
· Maintain a healthy weight.
· Exercising regularly can lower blood pressure by 20%-50%.
· Cut back on salt can help lower blood pressure.
· Drink alcohol in moderation.
· Manage stress effectively.
· Maintain a healthy lifestyle with balance as much as possible.
· Be screened regularly (and early) especially if heart disease runs in your family health history.
· Consume whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible.
· Take fish oil containing omega-3 oils, they are especially heart healthy. CMWM clinics carry them to help patients maintain good health. Always check with your doctor when adding any supplements.
Focus on making sure your decisions are towards LIFESTYLE changes that will last FOREVER. Keep your heart healthy!