National Cancer Survivor Month
Celebrate National Cancer Survivor’s Day. It is traditionally celebrated on the first Sunday in June. It is actually a worldwide event and a celebration of life, not just an awareness of a dreaded health condition. Let it be a wonderful day filled with hope instead of fear or dread, as we honor all those whose lives have been touched by cancer.
Here are just a few basic guidelines as cancer preventative measures:
· Consume mostly whole fresh organic foods and avoid processed ones.
· Avoid completely, or at least moderate, sugar and processed carbohydrates.
· Avoid soft drinks and fruit juices. Opt for filtered water and green tea.
· Consume fruit in moderation.
· Avoid artificial sweeteners except stevia.
· Avoid nitrates and nitrites, typically found in processed deli meats.
· Avoid high fatty protein consumption and eat only organic protein whenever possible.
· Take a high quality multivitamin daily.
· Get enough vitamin D. Have your levels tested to make sure.
Develop a healthy lifestyle:
· Exercise regularly.
· Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
· Reduce stress and learn to deal with it in healthy ways.
· Avoid alcohol.
· Lose weight if you need to.
· Quit smoking if you smoke.
· Have balance in your life.
· Develop healthy supportive relationships.