Roof Repair Cost in Denver
When we think of roof repair we tend to think worse case scenario. Because a new roof is a big ticket item we tend to think roof repair cost and roof maintenance are on the higher end of home maintenance expense. Not so. Take a look at the average range for roof repair cost Denver.
The average roof repair cost in Denver for an asphalt shingle roof according to Home Advisor is $496. Comparatively speaking, the average roof repair cost is a fraction of the cost of a brand new roof. Why do so many homeowners opt for “out of sight out of mind” when it comes to one of the most important features that protects their home?
Deferred maintenance will increase the likelihood of a roof leak. Waiting until a roof leak occurs is playing on the defense, and in turn roof leak repair cost will tend to be on the higher end. Ignoring a roof leak only makes matters worse, as it can cause damage to the interior of the home costing even more down the road. It doesn’t have to be this way. Simple roof maintenance is key in preventing roof leaks.
Top Causes of Roof Leaks
Most roof leaks are similar in nature and are common problems due to differed roof maintenance.
- Blown off, missing shingles, or damaged shingles — Shingles are prone to lifting up due to high winds. Lighter materials suffer from this more than heavier ones, but even heavy asphalt shingles can peel up and blow away, leaving your underlayment and roof deck exposed to the elements. Animal damage is also a common cause of shingle damage.
- Bad or leaking pipe flashing — The vent pipes on your roof sit underneath your roof material. They are usually sealed with rubber fitting, and these fittings tend to break down over time which can allow water to seep through to the interior.
- Chimney/skylight step flashing — Chimney flashing can leak if high winds pull it away from your chimney or roof, or if the sealant has deteriorated due to exposure to the elements. Skylights are trickier to diagnose. What looks like a leak can just be condensation. However, a cracked skylight or worn seals can allow leaks to form.
- Valleys — Valleys run down interior angles on your roof. Since the bulk of the rainwater is going to be channeled down these valleys by the laws of gravity, it’s imperative to be sure they are not damaged.
- Ice dams — Ice dams form when melted snow refreezes on your roof. This forms walls that don’t allow other runoff to drain into your rain gutters or otherwise leave your roof.
- Low slope/inadequate roof pitch — Low slope roofs are susceptible to wind damage almost as much as flat roofs. They also often don’t provide good run-off in regions that see a lot of rain or snow.
The key to mitigating roof leaks is preventative roof leak maintenance. Keep roof repair cost Denver at bay with regular roof maintenance. CIG Construction offers an affordable Roof Tune-Up and Maintenance Package for homeowners in Westminster and surrounding Denver area that includes inspection of the items listed above. Preventative roof repair costs are affordable and on par with the average listed by Home Advisor. Call us today and stay ahead of roof leak repair.
Originally published by CIG Construction a local roofing contractor in Colorado serving Westminster, Broomfield, Denver, Fort Collins and everything in between.