The Importance Of Strategy In Deciding Customer Experience
Customer experience (CX) has very tangible benefits in this digital age, including better customer loyalty and a more efficient path to acquiring new customers. So this week, we have decided to shed a broader light on the study of “Customer Experience”. We bring here important aspects of customer experience in the form ofan article based series. Here is our 1st part and today we discuss the importance of Strategy in devising Customer Experience.
What Is Customer Experience?
Customer experience (CX) is the product of an interaction between an organization and a customer over the duration of their relationship. This interaction is made up of three parts: the customer journey, the brand touch-points the customer interacts with, and the environments the customer experiences (including digital environment) during their experience. A good customer experience means that the individual’s experience during all points of contact matches the individual’s expectations.
Role of Strategy In Customer Experience
As with strategy, there’s no one correct way, but there are some proven approaches to reach goals. According to a Forrester report, most companies don’t get to the path of customer experience maturity because their ambitions are too grand or their efforts are weak. Grand ambitions, for instance, include trying from the start to create an experience different from any other company, and weak efforts include failing to regularly measure CX or even just to track all of a firm’s CX efforts across customer touch-points.
Creating a unique customer experience is one of the best ways to achieve sustainable growth.If a company can create a great customer experience that turns dissatisfaction or indifference into delight, it will recruit an army of vocal advocates online and offline, gain market share, and generate revenue growth.
Here are some of the ways that can make your firm stand apart from rivals:
- Simplification: Offer no-frills, transparent products and services.
- Distinctive and charismatic advertising: Build a strong brand. Examples are Snapdealand Amazon in the eCommerce industry.
- Differentiating customer service: Do something distinctive for your customers. In India’s ecommerce space, Flipkart has a customer first mantra which also made it won top award for Customer experience.
- Compelling and innovative services: Give your customers what they need but never thought they would get from you. Ola is providing ‘Ola Play’ service to its customers on ride by giving an intelligent, context aware system platform to offer personalized recommendations and current ride information like time and destination.
- Positively surprise customers:Often a loyalty gift or goodies can positively influence the customers.
The above customer experience strategy aims for some common ground in every industry and they are:
- Developing a deeper customer understanding
- Facilitating more meaningful customer interactions
- Enabling the end-to-end customer experience
- Enhancing campaign and marketing effectiveness
- Establishing powerful business and customer analytics
- Improving speed to market and agility
- Establishing a foundation for operational effectivenessThese are all important measures to create a clear and compelling customer experience strategy based on a foundation of value creation for the business.