Did you know that the top six EHR vendors own fully 54% of the market?
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about EHR, even if you immerse yourself in med tech, there’s just too much happening to keep up with it all. That’s why I’ve gathered 23 huge electronic medical record software stats for you to peruse.
Life-saving EHR stats
1. $1 million in NIH funds are being used to determine whether digital reminders can improve compliance among kidney transplant patients. (Source:MHealthIntelligence) << Tweet This!
15. As of 2014, one-third of providers’ EHR wasn’t mobile-optimized. (Source: Epocrates Mobile Trends) << Tweet This!
16. 58% of users who can use their EHR on their tablet or smartphone reported being “very satisfied” with their software. Only 28% of users who couldn’t felt the same way. (Source: Software Advice) << Tweet This!
17. Only 18% of patients surveyed use a patient portal to access the data most relevant to them: their own health records. (Source: MMM-Online) << Tweet This!
18. Almost 40% of patients said they had “never heard of a patient portal before,” and 23% said they “know it is available, but don’t use it.” (Source: MMM-Online) << Tweet This!
EHR data stats
19. It’s estimated that 30% of all existing global data is healthcare related. (Source:SyTrue) << Tweet This!