The Confidence Factor for Women: The 7 things women need to excel in leadership
- A winning inner circle/accountability team: The urge to lead is extremely lonely and the right circle of influence will keep you on track.
- A negotiation strategy: Negotiation is key to the process. You will negotiate more than just your compensation, you must negotiate your way into the right rooms with influencers.
- Big goals: No need to be realistic, rather continue to remain optimistic. Make sure your actions are congruent to your goals.
- The ability to listen: The best leaders listen, then take action.
- Confidence: If you do not believe in your own value, others will not view you as a leader.
- Rest: I believe in the 24 hour workday model, but leadership is a heavy role that requires rest as a way to refuel the mind to move forward with fresh perspectives each day.
- Read: Make it a priority to invest in knowledge. Read what other leaders in your industry are reading so you can engage in high level dialogue.
See you at the top!
Carol Sankar is a high level business consultant and the founder of The Confidence Factor for Women in Leadership, which is a global executive leadership firm focused on diversity and inclusion initiatives for high level women. Carol has been featured at TEDx, The Steve Harvey Show, Bounce TV, Inroads, The Society for Diversity, SHRM, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, Homevestors and more. For more details, visit www.carolsankar.com.