What you missed on DNC Day 2
- Hillary Clinton is the first woman nominated by a major party for President of the United States.
It was historic. Just watch this 102-year old delegate from Arizona — born before women could vote — reading the state’s votes for Hillary.
The evening ended with short remarks from Secretary Clinton via satellite, who said:
“If there are any little girls out there who stayed up late to watch, let me just say, I may become the first woman president, but one of you is next.
I wish my mom could have seen this day — and I’m so thankful that Hillary Clinton is the first of many women presidents our daughters and sons will see lead our country forward.
2. Planned Parenthood Action Fund’s gender pronoun pins!
H/T to the DNC LGBT Caucus 💖
3. The Mothers of the Movement broke our hearts and made us brave.
Reproductive justice means that every parent should have the right to raise their child in a community free from violence. Planned Parenthood Action Fund stands in solidarity with the work of reproductive justice leaders and the broader social justice movement to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. The fight for reproductive freedom for all people requires us to do this work.
4. Lizzo rocked it at Planned Parenthood Action Fund’s Sex, Politics & Cocktails party.
5. I was honored to get the chance to speak tonight on behalf of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.