Places to visit in Naldehra
Naldehra:- Naldehra is a beautiful paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers. This is situated at a distance of 22Km from Shimla. Naldehra has derived its name from the two words, Nag and Dehra, meaning the Abode of the King of Snakes. In Naldehra, Mahunag Temple is one of the most prominent attractions, from which the place has derived its name. This temple is dedicated to Nag, the Serpent God. The best time to visit Naldehra is during the summer season, which extends from the month of March to November. If you want to feel the experience of snowfall, then the time from end of December to Febraury is the best. Naldehra is famous for its oldest nine hole golf course in the country. Besides being known for its golf course, the destination also attracts tourists for its fairs and sightseeing places. One of the most famous fairs of Naldehra is “Sipi Fair”, which is organised every year in the month of June. Every year in the month of October, “Jotton Ka Mela” or the “Bull Fight” is also held. Now discuss some popular places to visit in Naldehra, Shimla.
1. Golf Course:- The golf course is the asia’s oldest golf course, situated 23 kilometres from Shimla. The golf course was founded in 1920 and is maintained by the Himachal Tourism Department at present. The club hosts nine-hole and 18-hole championship courses such as Par 68 and 3791 Yardage, which are regarded as one of the most challenging ones in this course. Moreover, the golf club of Naldehra is associated with reckoned golf clubs like Golf Club Chandigarh, BSF Golf Club Delhi, Air force Golf Club Delhi and ARTRAC Golf Club Shimla.
2. Mahunag Temple:- Mahunag Temple is located in the midst of the famous Naldehra Golf Course, at a distance of 25 km from Karsog in Mandi District, Himachal Pradesh. The temple is lying at an elevation of 1830 m above sea level, on the Shimla-Mandi Highway. As per the historical records, the temple was built in 1664 by Raja Shyam Sen, who was a great devotee of Lord Karna.
3. Tattapani Naldehra:- Tattapni is a beautiful attraction of naldehra, located at a distance of 30Km from Naldehra and 56Km away from Shimla. Tattapani is located at an elevation of 655 m above sea level. Tattapani is one of the places to visit in naldehra, shimla, and is famous for its sulphurous spring water. It is believed that a dip in the hot water can cure skin diseases, joint pains and fatigue. Most of the devotees came here in the month of January, to take a dip in the holy water of Tattapani. Tourists also came here on the 13th April, which is celebrated as a festival of agriculture in India. The hot spring water vanishes in the month of June and July and reappears by the months of November and December. Tourists come here in large numbers on the auspicious days of Tara Ratri, Lohfi and on the 26th January, every year.
4. Mashobra Hills:- Mashobra is located at a distance of 11km from Naldehra. This place is dominated by mist bathed hills, oak, cedar and deodar, apple orchards, and a picturesquare stream gushing through the valley. This place attracts tourists to connect with their rich, fresh surroundings and their mountain view. Known as the ‘Quieter Shimla’, Mashobra hills take pride in being amongst the prominent offbeat places to visit in Naldehra, Shimla. Tourists can do large number of adventurous and leisure activities like rafting, paragliding, rockclimbing, trekking and camping etc. If you want to experience these kinds of adventure activities, then March to May are the best time to visit Mashobra Hills.
5. Kufri:- The name Kufri is derived from the word kufr meaning “lake” in the local language. Kufri is just 16Km away from the naldehra and offers views of the countryside and the majestic Himalaya mountains. It is the highest point in the surrounding region, has a himalayan wild life zoo which hosts rare antelopes, felines and birds including the himalayan monal, the state bird of Himachal Pradesh. A one-time winter sports capital, Kufri is still a focal point for a large number of ski enthusiasts who come here to enjoy the ski slopes.
Where To Stay:-
There are few hotels in Naldehra where you can stay with comfort. One of the best resort in shimla — “The Chalet’s Naldehra”, is a venue where you can feel yourself close to nature and where every window has a different view.The Chalet’s Naldehra, which is amongst the best hotels in naldehra, is a fantastic resort which offers beautiful view of mountains and excellent accommodation options like, rooms, and chalet’s cottages. The Chalet’s Naldehra gives you the world’s best experience at 360 degree revolving restaurant. A multi-cuisine restaurant at Chalets Naldehra serves a huge variety of delicacies and the dining area is also arranged in the garden, so that visitors can enjoy the beauty of Himalayas while enjoying the lavish food.