A S’mores Expert’s Guide to Vegan Chocolate
Here’s a comprehensive guide to our favorite vegan chocolates for the perfect S’more! Hate dark chocolate? Love it? Food allergies? Where’s the vegan “milk” chocolate? You’ve have questions, we’ve got answers.
1. Amy’s Andy’s Dandy Candy Bars
Every Veg Head is familiar with Amy’s Kitchen. Their tofu scrambles are legendary. Did you know that they have a candy bar line? Two of the bars are VEGAN! Stack a chunk of a Dreamy candy bar on S’more and live the dang dream already.
- The Dreamy bar is like a 3 Musketeers and the Sunny bar is like an Almond Joy! #Smoresporn alert.
- Amy’s is a family owned business with a a ton of Vegan Products.
I spotted this company at the Sweets and Snacks Expo, and freaked. I tried every flavor! This company is seriously killing it in the vegan game. The caramelized hazelnut nibs bar is my new favorite chocolate for S’mores.
- Tastes like real milk chocolate (made with rice milk) without any funny aftertaste.
- Great for adults and kids and anyone with allergies! No dairy, no wheat, no soy.
- EVERY FLAVOR IS insanely DELICIOUS and pairs beautifully with Dandies Marshmallows.
- You don’t have to travel to the U.K. to find them! Vegan Essentials carries them online.
This company makes delicious dark chocolates and donates a percentage of profits to endangered species organizations. Try their chocolate hazelunut spread on a s’more! It’s LEGIT.
- Made with fair trade cocoa.
- Non-GMO Project certified.
- They have raised over 1.2 million dollars to help save animals!
- Easily available in most grocery stores.
Eat a peanut butter cup s’mores before you die. For real bucket list material. If you’re serious about really living life to the fullest, I also recommend our recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Caramelized Banana S’mores.
- Reese’s who? You’ll forget all about the other guy.
- USDA Organic.
- Easily found in most grocery stores and Starbucks.
Everyone’s favorite allergy friendly company! Excellent safe choice for those with food allergies.
- Made in a dedicated allergy safe facility
- Certified Vegan
- Great alternative to Hershey’s
Our production Manager Joe served these bad boys up at his wedding for a s’mores bar (brilliant) and it was a total crowd pleaser!
- NOT DARK CHOCOLATE (for the dark chocolate haters of the world)
- Buy by the case on Amazon!
- All natural, no GMOs, Kosher certified
Nibmor is another one of our favorite vegan companies! Not only is their chocolate perfect for S’mores, but they also make hot chocolate mixes that are A+ BFF’s with Dandies. Try their mint chocolate on a s’more this summer!
- Non-GMO project certified
- Certified organic ingredients
- Fair trade and Rainforest Alliance Certified
8. Go Max Go
A vegan owned and operated company, inspired by a rescue pup (cute) that makes vegan, all natural versions of your favorite childhood candy bars.
- A compassionate company that makes our hearts happy as well as our bellies.
- You can make some serious #smoresporn with this assortment of candy bars!
- Free from dairy, eggs, hydrogenated oils, trans fats, artificial ingredients, and cholesterol.
Are you ready for your heart to explode? Rescue chocolate was inspired by the founder’s rescue pup Mocha and profits are donated to No kill shelters across America.
- The muse (seen in the pic above)
- Compassionate business that helps animals while making delicious artisan chocolates
- Fairly sourced and traded ingredients
- Organic and Vegan!
We’ve been a huge fan of putting cocomels on S’mores for some time now. Adding the chocolate covered cocomels to your s’more repertoire is taking it up one notch further. Our fav is the sea salt flavor!
- Everything they make is vegan!
- 100% organic and kosher