Apple and blueberry tart
I love apple tarts, they’re absolutely delicious! Today I had some blueberries and red fruit jam in the fridge, so I decided to try something new! The result was an apple tart… with a twist.
The Ingredient List :
- 75 g of vegetal butter
- 90 g of light brown sugar
- 1 egg (size M) (for a vegan recipe, use instead 1 tablespoon of pre-ground golden flaxseed soaked in two tablespoons of water for 2 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100 g of self-rising flour
- 100 g of wholemeal flour
- 1 coffee spoon of salt
- 2 medium reinette apples
- 100 g of fresh blueberries
- Red fruit jam (2 table spoons minimum)
- Cinnamon (1 tablespoon or more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar to sprinkle (optional)
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Mix the butter, the sugar, the flours, the egg, the salt and the baking powder.
- Grease and flour a tart pan (with removable bottom) and line the pastry in it (use wet hands).
- Take the pan to a preheated oven at 190º C, for 15 min.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1/2 cm slices.
- Once the pastry is precooked, arrange the apple slices in circles over it.
- Spread the jam over the apple slices and sprinkle all with cinnamon.
- Arrange the blueberries in two or three big circles.
- Sprinkle all with light brown sugar.
- Take the pan again to a preheated oven at 190º C, for approx. 20 min.
…And voilà, a delicious apple and blueberry tart :)
Tips: If you love cinnamon (like me), you can mix 1 tablespoon in the pastry. You can also serve the tart still warm with some vanilla ice cream on top!