Lentil bolognese (vegan)
The Ingredient List :
- ½ cup of dried green lentils
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 big carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 big green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt to taste
For a fast tomato sauce:
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (I used frozen tomatoes, peeled and chopped still half frozen)
- ¾ of a medium purple onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 big garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Put the lentils in a container and cover them with 1 cup of water and the lemon juice. Let it rest for at least 8 hours.
- In a pan, add the olive oil, the tomatoes, the onion, the garlic clove, salt and pepper. Without sautéing, let them cook until reduced (about 10–15 min, medium heat) and then use a hand blender to make the sauce.
- In the end, rectify the seasoning if necessary and add the basil leaves and oregano.
- Drain, wash well and set aside the lentils.
- Heat a large pan (or wok) and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and the onions and cook over a medium heat until soft and golden.
- Add the lentils and the carrot, season with a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the olives and the sweet paprika and mix it.
- Low the heat and add the tomato sauce and the water. Mix it and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stiring from time to time not to burn.
- Add the parsley and the chives and mix it.
- Serve with pasta at your taste!
Thanks to: PresuntoVegetariano for this recipe :)