- For every lovely thing said about this city, an equally disparaging thing has been said, and very often by the same person.
- One hand in the air for the big city. Street lights, big dreams, all lookin’ pretty. No place in the world that could compare.
- A true New Yorker believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, joking
- People ask me if I plan to leave New York for college. I always say I would prefer to stay here. Why would ever want to leave the city which everyone dreams to live in?
- The city never sleeps, better slip you an Ambien
- When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more
- You really think Boston is better then New York. Are you serious, because yeah everyone is like “Yeah you know where I have always dreamed of going… Massachusetts”. You know what stay in Boston with your bummy Red Socks and Boston Cream Donuts
- It’s freezing and snowing in New York — we need global warming!
- The attacks of September 11th were meant to break us. Instead we have become stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom. We are the city of unbreakable strength.
- Of course, in Los Angeles, everything is based on driving, even the killings. In New York, most people don’t have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you have to take the subway to their house. And sometimes on the way, the train is delayed and you get impatient, so you have to kill someone on the subway. That’s why there are so many subway murders; no one has a car.
- 718, 917, 347
- So maybe it won’t look like you thought it would in high school, but it’s important to remember that love is possible. Anything is possible. This is New York.