City Innovate believes government can be a force for good.
**applications are now closed**
We are a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, civic-minded individuals based in San Francisco that believe in the power of collaboration. We help cities navigate and address their challenges by harnessing the transformative power of startups in making our cities more effective, efficient, equitable and responsive.
Our Startup in Residence program connects government agencies with startups to develop technology products that address civic challenges through a streamlined procurement process. Over 16 weeks, startups and government work together to co-develop a solution that creates real impact. Since 2014, nearly 50 startups have helped cities in areas like urban mobility, digital services, process improvement, and civic engagement.
We are looking for Program Director based out of San Francisco to help expand the program nationally and internationally to 100 cities in the next five years.
**Applications close July 10, 2018**
The Startup in Residence Program Director leads all aspects of the program. Your job is to ensure the success of the current cohort and to setup success for the next cohort. You will lead all aspects of the STIR program, which starts pre-residency in July with the 16-week residency kicking off in January. You will work closely with the key stakeholders of the program, which include participating government partners, startups, and corporate sponsors, ensuring that each stakeholder has a productive, mutually beneficial experience in the program.
The candidate will support our mission to help government become more accessible and responsive to its constituents. This individual will join an experienced senior leadership team including the former Chief Innovation Officer for the Mayor of San Francisco.
Key Skills / Experience
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Project management and business operations experience required
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Able to serve as an intermediary between government and startup, sometimes in tricky circumstances
- Experience working in or with government is plus
- Experience managing a national program is a plus
- Onboarding of government partners and startups to the program, ensuring they have the understanding of the program and their expectations
- Help government partners navigate through their agencies to source challenges
- Remove any ‘blocks’ in the way of a challenges
- Serve as a mediator between startups and government partners, sometimes leading tough conversations
- Improving the processes of the program
- Identifying partnership and other opportunities for the growth of the program
- Working with the wider team to assess cross-offering benefits
Marketing and sales
- Working with the team to ensure we reach 100 cities by 2022
- Plucking out stories and case studies from the program for our blog and press
- Leading the charge for startup applications to the program through our partners, advertising, content marketing, and social media
Ownership of the business unit
- Managing the cash flow for the program
- Reporting for federal grants
Does this sound like you or someone you know?
To Apply, email a cover letter and resume to Rupal@cityinnovate.org.