How to use Coconut Oil for beard
Growing beard has become a fashion trend in which most of the men (including youngsters and adults) has started to grow their beard. Like hair, even beard (facial hair) also requires some oils, grooming products, moisturizing creams, and other cosmetic products to get well nourished, moisturized and to grow as per your desire.
However, growing the beard is something that related to genetic factors but you can also perform certain tricks and practices to grow your beard. Rather than using harmful toxic cosmetic things, why don’t you try some natural beard-care products? Coconut oil comes first in our mind while thinking about natural beard care oil, as it is used from centuries and also almost all hair experts are recommending this oil as the number one for growing your beard faster.
To know the concept in detail, you have to understand the excellent properties of coconut oil which make it so unique? Have a look on coconut oil for beard care.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the hair (either on the head or on the face, like beard) when applied without any greasy feeling and prevents the hair from any dryness, itchiness or any other hair problems to make it healthy.
- It conditions the hair and makes it easy to manage and grow, as per your desired fashion trend. It also keeps the beard soft, shiny and healthy and the skin well moisturized and hydrated.
- Lauric acid is a saturated fatty acid found in coconut oil has many medicinal properties and long shelf life that gives relief from infections and also makes the oil to penetrate deep into your skin more effectively.
- Make sure to apply coconut oil across the length of the beard and massage the facial hair with it, so as to keep the roots of the beard well hydrated and also balances the natural moisture to reduce the irritation.
- Regular application will reduce the facial hair damage and promotes the healthy beard growth to make it thicker and shiny. It also reduces the protein loss in hair that in turn helps to maintain the healthy hair and protects it from damage.
- It is rich in vitamins E and K, iron, etc. that helps to stimulate the growth of capillaries for proper blood circulation, increasing the nutrients, which in turn helps the hair to grow with less irritation and itching.
- Beard coconut oil can prevent beardruff, which helps to keep the hairs untangled and gives it a healthy hair growth.
How to use Coconut Oil for Beard:
Use coconut oil for maintaining your beard growth healthier and softer rather than cosmetic beard oils. Here are the best coconut oil methods that you’ve to follow it.
Method — 1: (Coconut Oil)
We all know that coconut oil alone is an excellent remedy for treating many health, skin and hair problems including the healthy and stylish growth of your beard.
Steps to be followed…
- Before starting the process, make sure to check that your hands are dry and clean for the application. Also, having a clean beard that’s already blow-dried is essential.
- Take some virgin coconut oil into your hands and rub it to melt the oil and to make it warm.
- Apply the oil on the beard by starting it from tips of the facial hair towards roots.
- Massage it for few minutes and leave it on like that to get proper nourishment.
- Daily application will ensure soft skin with new hair growth and less itching or other problems.
Note: Coconut oil also acts as a perfect beard conditioner by simply massaging a small amount of oil on the beard area and combing beard thoroughly. Be sure to pat off the excess oil with a face cloth to prevent clogged pores and healthy growth.
Method — 2: (Coconut Oil with Essential Oils)
This is a homemade DIY beard oil method that helps for proper beard growth along with relieving you from beard itch and dryness.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 2–5 drops of peppermint oil in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted).
- Stir well and apply it on the dry beard after taking a shower.
- Leave it like that for healthy and shiny beard growth.
- Repeat the process regularly till you achieved your desired beard growth.
- Or you can also add tea tree oil or lavender oil instead of peppermint oil in this process. Also, add some carrier oils like jojoba oil, almond oils, olive oil in this process for getting a healthy beard growth.
- Alternatively, add 10 drops of any essential oil in 1 oz of virgin coconut oil. Stir it well and leave it on for overnight. In the morning, dab some oil mix and apply it on the beard after taking a shower to make it smooth and shiny.
- Or simply mix 1 part of rosemary oil to 10 parts of coconut oil and dab it on the clean skin by focusing more on the facial beard skin by using a clean cotton ball or clean white cloth. Wash off with cool water after 15–20 minutes. Continue doing the same for twice daily.
Method — 3: (Coconut Oil Balm for Beard)
Beard balm application also helps for healthy beard growth and maintenance.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1 part each of beeswax and coconut oil in a double boiler and stir well till it gets melted properly.
- Then add 1 part of other oils (like jojoba, argan and almond oils) in it.
- Stir well and let it sit for few hours to overnight.
- Use it as a beard balm by applying it on the beard and massage it gently to get well absorbed by the facial hair.
- Do the same process regularly as needed.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always use unrefined, cold pressed virgin coconut oil for treating your hair problems including beard.
- Regular combing or brushing your beard will help to pull out the hair or breakage of hair caused due to brittle, especially before and after applying coconut oil.
- Even coconut oil is used to shave your beard in unwanted facial areas or trim as per your desired shape. Simply apply some coconut beard oil on the skin to soften the skin and hair and thus makes it easy to glide the razor over those areas.
- There is no need to warm the oil to melt it, as it can be melted easily in our hands and rub it to melt completely.
You can also use coconut oil based beard products or oils to enhance healthy hair growth.
- Include coconut oil in your daily diet to get benefits from inside. Also, stay hydrated, have regular wash to your beard especially after your meals, etc. will help for making your beard healthy.
That’s all for now about coconut oil for beard, hope you discovered the benefits of coconut oil and follow them for your beard. Do you have any queries or any methods for healthy beard growth? Then share it with us.
The information contained on DIY Remedies is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your doctor or health care expert before you try