Kalamazoo College Requirements
Complete Information on Criteria and Kalamazoo College Requirements
Kalamazoo College is a private school located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was founded in 1833 and currently has 1,461 students, 57% are female and 43% are male. It is ranked #265 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and #5 out of 38 best Michigan colleges. Kalamazoo College has a 13:1 student to faculty ratio with high freshmen retention rate.
Kalamazoo College offers its students study abroad programs, career internships and networking opportunities among others. The school has 31 majors in various academic discipline and 8 concentrations. Programs are divided into 7 divisions thus allowing students to select from a various courses. Five of the most popular majors in Kalamazoo College are:
- Social Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
Do you want to know the secrets of Kenyon College application? Click here to get the answers!
Kalamazoo College has a 69% acceptance rate. Out of 2,225 applications, it only admitted 1,531 and 371 enrolled. To start off the process of your Kalamazoo College application, you should be able to submit all essential materials. The following are checklist of Kalamazoo College requirements:
- Common Application
- Application Essay
- High School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation and Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation
- Midyear Report
- Standardized Test Scores
Your Kalamazoo College admissions will be reviewed carefully which is why you should also consider the scores of your standardized tests. It will be used as basis for your competency so make sure that this is well beyond the guidelines. The following are Kalamazoo College requirements for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 530–660
- SAT Math: 540–690
- SAT Writing: 510–650
- ACT: 26–30
The deadline for your Kalamazoo College admissions is November 15 for early decision, February 15 for early decision II, November 15 for early action and February 15 for regular applications.
Kalamazoo College Application Credentials for First Year Students
The total cost of attendance at Kalamazoo College is $51,732 but students can pay less with the help of scholarships and grants. 98% of freshmen in Kalamazoo College receive financial aid packages with an average of $24,736 and $36,457 is awarded for students from low income families in their first year. Kalamazoo College has offers scholarship for freshmen worth $32,388; 444 students received $23,153 and 99 students were given $5,334 each in federal grant aid. Click here for more information about financial aid packages available at Kalamazoo College:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.kzoo.edu/admission/finaid/
- Net Price Calculator: www.kzoo.edu/admission/index.php?p=npc
For students who want to secure a spot in Kalamazoo College, it is also essential that you know the common issues that goes along the application process. Here are top tips from professionals for winning admissions:
- Create a list of all Kalamazoo College requirements, compile them and make sure to make copies.
- Once you decide on which deadline to submit double check on your papers and ensure that everything is absolutely flawless and of top quality.
- Visit the campus and schedule an interview. Most schools do not require interview but you can use this to your advantage especially if you do well in the interview.
- Apply for a financial aid and scrutinize the academic program of the school you wish to enter.
- Lastly, benefit from the assistance of online help. There are many services that are dedicated in giving you academic support and guidance in your college application.
- If you want to have backup plan, explore Knox College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Kalamazoo College
- The school is best known for its liberal arts and sciences program. It offers more than just an academic development but also learning through experience.
- Students can utilize the international engagement and study abroad options of Kalamazoo College to further improve their academic careers.
- Majority of students in Kalamazoo College participate in relevant and meaningful projects. You can enjoy 41 programs in 24 countries on 6 continents.
- Kalamazoo College has an outstanding performance in nationwide Collegiate Learning Assessment.
- It is ranked among top schools in US for graduates early PhD and included in one of the 44 schools that will give you quality education.