Lafayette College Requirements
Lafayette College Requirements and Criteria for Freshmen Application
Lafayette College is a private institution located in Easton, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1826 and currently has 2,503 students, 47% are female and 53% are male. It is ranked #49 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and #6 out of 95 best Pennsylvania colleges. Lafayette College has a 10:1 student to faculty ratio with high freshmen retention rate.
Lafayette College has 51 areas of study with four academic divisions. The school allows students to pursue maximum of two majors or create self-designed majors. It has study abroad opportunities, teacher certification, ROTC and distance learning program. Five of the most popular majors in Lafayette College are:
- Social Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- English Language and Literature/Letters
If you still not sure about your choice, check Linfield College application requirements.
Lafayette College is a selective school with only 30% acceptance rate. Out of 7,468 applicants, only 2,253 were admitted and 674 enrolled. For first year applicants, the following are Lafayette College requirements:
- Common Application
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- School report
- Official high school transcript
- Guidance counselor recommendation letter
- Teacher recommendation letter (minimum of one)
- Mid-year grades submitted directly from the high school when they become available
Given that Lafayette College is highly selective, applicants are admission to comply with the guidelines of test scores. The following are the Lafayette College requirements for ACT and SAT:
- SAT Reading: 580–670
- SAT Math: 620–710
- SAT Writing: 590–690
- ACT: 27–31
The deadline for your Lafayette College application is November 15 for early decision, February 1 for early decision II, and January 15 for regular decision.
Lafayette College Admissions Tips and Guide from Experts
The total annual cost in Lafayette College is $64,105 but students can avail lesser net price once they apply for scholarships and grants. 53% of freshmen in Lafayette College receive financial aid that average to $32,731 and $47,755 are given to students from low income families in their first year. Lafayette College allots $40,012 of financial aid packages to students. 334 incoming freshmen received an average of $31,653 in scholarships while 71 students were awarded $5,360 each in federal grant aid. Click here for more information about financial aid packages at Lafayette College:
- Financial Aid Department Website: https://admissions.lafayette.edu/financial-aid/
- Net Price Calculator: https://npc.collegeboard.org/student/app/lafayette
Lafayette College application can be tough especially that it is one of the best liberal arts school in the country. Here are helpful tips and guide for successful Lafayette College admissions:
- Research can go a long way in your college application. You will understand the common pitfalls and avoid potential errors when submitting your Lafayette College requirements.
- Take into careful consideration the deadlines of admission. Do you prefer early decision or would rather wait for regular decision? Note also if all your requirements are complete and accurate.
- Get help from family, friends and faculty members. Advice can go a long way to boost your confidence and create valuable solutions to possible application woes.
- Always make sure that your essays and letters of recommendation are well written. Oftentimes, applicants who have poor SAT or GPA can still get admitted through winning essays.
- Avail professional help to get expert guidance, advice and college application tips. This is crucial especially if you want to secure a spot in a competitive college.
- Also you can think about “plan B” and learn Lynchburg College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Lafayette College
- 89% of students in Lafayette College graduate in four years thus including the school in top ten ranking.
- It engages students not only in academic but also social and athletic programs for a well-rounded approach to education.
- Lafayette College has a beautiful campus that is perfect home for students.
- The school is selective which gives you an idea the level of competency and efficiency it emphasizes in their education.
- Lafayette College can provide its students unique opportunities in arts, sciences and engineering.