Why is VPS Hosting Popular among Small Businesses?
VPS hosting is believed to be the bridge between dedicated hosting and shared hosting; in VPS hosting, there is a single physical server which is compartmentalized to create multiple virtual servers functioning independently. Every such virtual partition can run its own version of the operating system and you are free to install programs and applications f your preference to suit your business requirements. The account owner in VPS server hosting is also free to reboot the server if required; he can configure its settings to suit his business. VPS hosting allows you to enjoy the benefits of dedicated hosting within a virtual environment on a shared server.
Who can benefit from VPS hosting?
Businesses prefer VPS hosting to shared hosting because it gives them greater control over the server since the user enjoys root access to the server. It is therefore suitable for medium and small-sized businesses that may not have the technical expertise of the funds to afford dedicated hosting but which need more resources like bandwidth and disk space than what shared hosting offers them.
What advantages can you enjoy with VPS hosting?
• To begin with, VPS hosting India is far more affordable compared to dedicated hosting. It allows the users to enjoy almost all features of dedicated hosting like increased bandwidth and disk space, flexibility and scalability etc minus the high costs.
• Since VPS hosting plans are customizable, you will end up paying only for what you need and not for resources that you have not grown into. VPS hosting plans are also scalable and you can start with minimum resources and keep upgrading your plans as and when your resource demands grow.
• VPS also gives you more control over server settings compared to shared hosting; users enjoy super-level access and the freedom to install scripting languages which may not be possible in a shared environment.
• In terms of security and support as well, VPS hosting scores higher than shared hosting. Businesses can choose from managed or semi-managed or unmanaged VPS hosting depending on their budget and business needs. In managed VPS hosting, the provider is solely responsible for managing and monitoring the server.
• VPS hosting is environment-friendly because it involves the use of green technology and there is more efficient use of resources. Green hosting has become very popular today because it lessens carbon footprint.
These advantages show that VPS hosting is very useful for businesses which have outgrown shared hosting resources and are keen to get their feet wet before taking a plunge into dedicated hosting. For people launching new websites which are likely to expand soon, it is important to choose a type of web hosting that provides them with a lot of flexibility and scalability; and this is exactly what VPS hosting guarantees. You can also hope to get excellent technical support from VPS providers through chats, phone calls or emails. This ensures that your site does not face downtime and all technical problems get resolved immediately. Enterprise web hosting services will ensure scalability, reliability, performance, security and the power to add new hardware and software whenever necessary, just like VPS hosting. When you buy enterprise hosting packages, you can hope to get dedicated IT support.