5 Ways to be More Optimistic
Some days are tough.
Some days are tougher than others.
Some days are beyond tough and are dreadfully bad.
It’s ok. Breathe.
Life is filled with the good, the bad, and everything in between.
Choosing to view life with a spirit of hope and positivity gives us courage and the power to move forward in our lives with confidence.
For me, this is optimism.
I am an eternal optimist.
I believe the future holds good things, and that tomorrow will be even better than today. I don’t know that. I just choose to live with that belief. This gives me peace and comfort and I wouldn’t live any other way.
Being an optimist is something I choose, regardless of my circumstances.
My life is great, but it certainly isn’t perfect. I have bad days. I make mistakes. I goof up and wish I hadn’t. Yet, I still choose to think good things will happen, and most of the time they do.
There is a strong connection between being an optimist and being grateful. I am thankful for the gift of today and the possibility it holds. I do my best to embrace each day for all that it is, and to do my very best in all situations.
Here are 5 ways you can be more optimistic:
- Smile. Life is awesome. You’re alive and you’ve got today. Be glad you’ve been offered this gift. Look for the good in your life and in your world. Smile. Smile again.
- Spend time with positive and optimistic people. In addition, commit to eliminating or decreasing your time spent with negative people. People who are negative drain our energy. Life is too precious for this and you are worthy of time spent with positive people.
- Let go of control. Life is unpredictable and we can’t control the actions of others. Do your best and don’t let small set-backs rock your world.
- Commit to changing negative thoughts to positive ones. Intentionally visualize positive outcomes. Let go of worry and instead, choose to pray or meditate when struggling with negative feelings.
- Keep a Journal. If you’re struggling with negative thoughts, or worry, write them down. Journaling can help you let go of your concerns, freeing your mind to focus on an area that is more positive.
While we can’t predict the future, we can choose to live with positive thoughts today.
We can choose optimism, viewing our lives through lenses that see beauty and goodness.
Optimism is a daily choice. Tomorrow is a brand new day and we all get a fresh start.
Let us be thankful for this gift and make tomorrow the best it can be!
Always remember, my friend, the BEST IS YET TO COME.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, you should consider Downloading my latest E-Book, Top Ten Tips to Design and Live Your Exceptional Life.
Originally published at blairleadershipgroup.com on January 29, 2016.