Full-stack development Learning: Stage 1 — Complete
I am writing this, not (only) to inform you of my progress, but a revise what I have learned after a month and half attempt on building a (simple) Full-stack application with React.js
What I have learned so far:
- Express Router
- Express Sessions ( planning on using JWT tokens in the next project tho!)
- Server Side Rendering of React Components
- EJS Templating
- Mongoose Model
- Bcrypt for password hashing
- Authentication using Passport.js
- Authorization using Passport.js
- Container and presentational Components
- Async Actions in Redux (very important)
- Express middlewares and custom middlewares
- Mounting a route
- sharing redux/react store’s state between Back-end and Front-end
- how to chill when I get an error….
Normally this project should not have taken that long, however due to googling, errors, stack-overflowing the time-limit was extended.
My major mistake was File Structure
Although I planned in advanced, the file structure kept growing and started looking disorganized. Which is why for my next stage I will consider EVERY component of the application, back-end and front-end..
The following links were used (there are more, but I can’t remember) to understand concepts I did not know.
This tutorial is the first of a three-part series on React by Brad Westfall. When Brad pitched me this, he pointed out…css-tricks.com
In a React app, usually you would wrap in so that when the URL changes, will match a branch of its routes, and render…redux.js.org
Route your React applications with ease. Learn all the fundamentals. Routing being a key aspect of web applications…scotch.io
Contribute to react-router-tutorial development by creating an account on GitHub.github.com
I'm using React-router and it works fine while I'm clicking into link buttons, but when I refresh my webpage it does…stackoverflow.com
This tutorial has been updating for ExpressJS 4.0. Read more here. Authentication and logins in Node can be a…scotch.io
You’ll find your components much easier to reuse and reason about if you divide them into two categories.medium.com
Alright that is all!
Stage 2 Goals
- Design, Design, Design: there are some cool designs I have seen on this platform and I plan to improve my design skills by replicating one.
See you after stage 2!
Follow me on Youtube: Ajala Comfort