Used Medium to organize my 2015 year end thoughts. Enjoy.
My Top 5s:
Top 5 Video Games
Top 5 Movies
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Ex Machina
- Inside Out
Top 5 Television (I didn’t watch a lot of new shows)
- Master of None
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Parks and Rec
- Game of Thrones
Top 5 Songs
- Forgiveness — Made In Heights
- Lil Dicky — $ave Dat Money ft. Fetty Wap / Rich Homie Quan
- Hello — Adele
- 5:13 — Isosine
- Undertale — Undertale OST
In case you missed it, I have been wandering around Twitch channels with a wrench next to my name. I accepted a job at Twitch late in 2015 and joined the Partnerships Team focusing on Dota 2. I hope to do whatever I can to improve the Dota 2 scene in 2016. I will be working remote in Vancouver so unfortunately I will not return to San Francisco permanently. Hope to see as many of you as possible at events in 2016!
Random 2015 Thoughts:
- I lost my Twitch Staff hoodie thanks to someone who stole my luggage.
- Tim (@Shindags) and I have a huge gifting problem thanks to Steam.
- I only traveled to 5 different countries in 2015 but I visited three more than once. (USA, Romania and China)
- I will never forget the loss that Cloud9 had against Secret at Dota 2 Asia Championships
- I took at least a thousand photos in 2015 but I still haven’t posted close to a hundred of them. I swear I’ll post them some day.
- Speaking of which, My camera screen got busted at The International and I still haven’t got it repaired so I use the electronic viewfinder. Thanks Arif!
- I got to participate in Vandeca, a choir founded by my friend Marco (@ConfusedTritone). He’s one of the most talented musicians I know and I am super thankful for the opportunity.
- According to my Spotify, I listened to a lot of Childish Gambino and Isosine (@isosine) PS. I owe you poutine.
- I really got into Intelligent Dance Music in 2015 but I absolutely detest the genre name.
- I had a chance to ride in a Tesla Model S and I have never experienced something like that in a vehicle. I will probably get one when I’m rich.
- I failed to find my good friend Charlie (@CharlieCYang) a girlfriend in 2015. He’s a super eligible bachelor ladies so please inquire within.
- I’ve been in esports for about four years now and it still blows my mind everyday. I am super thankful to be apart of the scene.
Special shout outs:
Tim Young: The premier purveyor of artisan and vintage memes. He released a game in 2015, helped me work on two projects and is one of the most supportive friends I have. Thanks for helping me achieve #thedream.
Charlie Yang: The Yang to my Ying. You’re a great friend and one of the most passionate people I know in esports. Thanks for being there for me and the scene.
The Choices Crew: The name comes from the grocery we all worked at. The group has grown over the years so I am happy to see everyone is still friends. Thank you all for being my friends for so long.
HLG: You know who you are. Every single one of you mean a ton to me and I can’t wait for all the cool stuff you’re gonna do next year. Thanks for being the realest.
The Fiend House: True homies. Pandaego, MSS and the rest of take care in 2016 and I’ll catch you in the Mumble. Thanks for all the good times.
My family: The people I love. I wish I had the chance to see my extended family more. Mom and Dad, I know you’re reading this so just know that I love you.
My girlfriend: The smartest person I know. You supported me more than anyone else this year, especially when the times got tough. Thanks for grounding me whenever I think I’m too cool for school.
To everyone: Thank you for being you.
That’s about it. I’m probably missing a few chunks out of the year but I hit some of the major beats. Let’s get out there and make 2016 the best year yet!