Cashew Curry Chicken Salad
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
3/4 Cup Golden Raisins
1 Pound Organic Chicken breasts
1/2 Bunch of Cilantro, Chopped
1 Cup of Organic Mayo
3 Tbs of Madras Curry Powder
Additional Tools needed:
- Boil Chicken in Salted water in a medium pot. When fully cooked through drain and cool in Fridge.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and blanch cashews for 1 minute and shock in an ice water bath. Place Cashews on a sheet tray to dry off.
- Place raisins in a small saucepan and fill with water until completely covered. Bring water to a boil, drain the raisins and rinse with cold water. Store in fridge to keep cool.
- In a small bowl combine Curry and Mayo.
- Take out Chicken and chop Chicken into small cubes. Place Chicken in a bowl and add chopped cilantro, chopped cashews, raisins and 1/2 cup of Curry Mayo. Mix until fully combined and season with salt to your liking.
I personally like my Chicken salad on the drier side, so I start with 1/2 cup of mayo but you can add more to adjust to your liking.
You can enjoy this Chicken salad on a bed of Field Greens or My favorite way as a sandwich on ciabatta bread with Arugula tossed in Olive oil.
Eat up my Friends.