Cilantro Cauliflower “Rice” Enchilada Stack
I’ve decided to start adding in more veggies into my diet, so I recreated one of my favorite Mexican dishes with a Healthy twist. I present to you my take on a Southwestern Stacked Enchilada!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Tbs of Cilantro, minced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprouted Corn Tortillas (Ezekiel Brand)
- Spicy Salsa (Use your favorite brand)
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
Additional tools you’ll need:
- Processor or Blender
- Medium Rice pot
- Rinse your Cauliflower and Cut the root off from the base of the vegetable. Cut it in half and into medium chunks. Once cut add the cauliflower to your blender/processor and pulse it until it breaks down into a small rice like texture.
- Make your Guacamole! Place in the fridge to keep cool. This can be done a day ahead of time.
- Heat up your rice pot over medium to high heat and add your Olive oil. Once you see whisps of smoke add your minced Cilantro and garlic and saute for 30 seconds. I highly recommend you take a big wiff of the scent that will arise from toasting the cilantro and garlic it truly is magnificent. Add your Cauliflower rice and stir it all together. Season with Pink sea salt to your liking. Once rice is stirred leave on very low heat.
- While your rice is heating up Toast your sprouted corn tortillas over medium flame, Turn tortilla over with Tongs to heat both sides.
- Now you stack your enchilada however you please! I chose to lay my tortilla with “Rice”, then guacamole and I drizzled my favorite habanero Salsa.
I hope you enjoy my take on The Southwestern Enchilada Stack!