Creative & business-oriented podcasts to listen to while commuting
SaaSsy ideas, money & economics explained, startup stories, growth hacks, revenue talks, scaling examples and other creative challenges in the business life through the ears of a podcast.
Podcasts are a great way of spending your commuting time, listen to something useful while doing operational tasks or whenever you feel like listening to something useful, fun and engaging. A while ago I posted a list of 7 Awesome podcasts and, even though none of them was business or marketing related, you asked for more.
I always switch between business and other areas to have a larger overview on how things happen and how people think in multiple areas. Especially as a marketer, I really want to keep the pulse of the world and have some reality checks constantly.
Working is a huge part of my life (and most probably yours too, if you’re reading this) and I do listen to a lot of podcasts about business, tech, SaaS, economics and marketing. So, here is the 2nd list of podcasts for you:
💸Money & Economics
- Planet Money: no matter the industry that you are active in, money do matter. A lot. Every episode of Planet Money is the economy explained in a very creative and entertaining way, no matter how complex is the tackled topic. You should go to the about us page to get even more amazed and to subscribe ASAP for a better understanding of economics.
- Freakonomics: it has everything about socioeconomic issues for a general audience, micro/macroeconomics and what makes our world tick (as someone was saying on Linkedin)
Having a SaaS is not easy, but keeping it successful and engage with your customer is damn hard. There are some SaaS podcasts worth listening, so you can get a sneak peek of how other products are doing it, what are the challenges, the ups&downs and get some amazing insights from the tech world. I will only name a few of them, but well:
- The SaaS podcast — Startup Stories & Growth Hacks — SaaS Club
- SaaStr Podcasts — SaaS Founders talks and interviews
- How to SaaS — a podcast that covers leadership, digital marketing, growth and operational advice for SaaS Founders, CEOs, CMOs, CROs and growth leaders.
- 14 minutes of SaaS — very short interviews with SaaS founders and a lot of great insights in a nutshell.
✨Food for thought. Creative and entrepreneurship podcasts
Making your work path neat and fun is not an easy job! Usually, the legend says that if you find what you love most and make money out of it, you’ll not work a day in your life. Obviously, this is fake news! You will actually work every single minute a lot and ask from yourself way more than you’d think. Anyhow, these podcasts kinda cover a lot of things that happen around your job and you should be aware of them. You should know how UI/UX work, how creatives need their space and time to be productive, how to scale or get funding and so much more!
Here’s some food for thought:
- ThinkAgain — a huge list of big ideas from the world’s greatest thinkers with a lot of fun content and action-triggers :)
- UI Breakfast — Lots of insights about UI/UX design, products, marketing and interesting guests who share their knowledge, ideas and industry experience.
- Business Wars — If you ever want a break from hardcore content, but still business related, this is the go-to podcast! I wanted to write a good description of them, but they have a great one and I will just share it: Sometimes the prize is your wallet or your attention. Sometimes, it’s just the fun of beating the other guy. The outcome of these battles shapes what we buy and how we live. Business Wars gives you the unauthorized, real story of what drives these companies and their leaders, inventors, investors and executives to new heights — or to ruin.
- Masters of Scale — This is a damn resourceful podcast hosted by Reid Hoffman, Co-founder of LinkedIn! Each episode has stories with companies that went from zero to hero and, extra point for being the first American media program to commit to a 50–50 gender balance for guests.
- Predictable Revenue — you might know about this guy as the author of the book with the same name or because he is famous since he helped Salesforce grow from $5m to $100m. No matter how you heard about him, you can imagine that the podcast is quite awesome too.
- The Twenty Minute VC — some of the most resourceful 20 minutes about venture capital, startup funding and pitching
- Mixergy — This is a bit too pushy for my taste when it comes to copywriting and approach, but it’s a matter of personality. Anyway, this is a good way to discover how to think and take action as founders do, and learn more from other entrepreneurs.
- The Creative Hustler — a team of badass hustlers who bring together branding and marketing experts
- Strike Gold and Seeking Wisdom—two marketing podcast with posh names. They tackle multiple channels and ways of doing a long-term strategic plan and how to use all the digital world to market your product. Both of them are great for everyone who wants to learn more and improve their skills every day
I hope you’ll enjoy them!
Don’t forget to 👏 clap 👏 if you like the story, spread the word about it and, of course, you can always hit follow for more similar insights!