Create Launches Public Release of Real Estate Information Platform in Washington DC
January 15, 2015
Create, an online real estate information system, launched today in Washington, DC with users from over 100 real estate and government organizations already on board. The web-based software unleashes the power of real estate data to empower better investment decisions in half the time of current tools. Create makes it easier for development teams to collaborate by bringing research, analysis, and project management together in a single platform. Developers, investors, brokers, and service providers rely on Create as a single source of property and market data aggregated in real time from industry leading sources.
Create has been described as Google Earth for real estate, using 3D maps to provide insight on structures and buildings, eliminating the need for real estate professionals to scour countless government record portals and commercial data sources for buried information.
Create is being used for a wide range of applications from economic development to real estate education:
● The Washington DC Economic Partnership will be using Create at their booth at ICSC Mid-Atlantic to promote retail sites around the city and share valuable property & economic development data
● Johns Hopkins, George Mason, and Georgetown Universities will be using Create as a teaching tool in graduate level real estate classes this spring
● The Dupont Underground will feature their redevelopment project on Create to generate public awareness, market the project and raise additional crowdfunding capital
Even prior to its public release, Create includes users from over 100 organizations across the real estate spectrum:
● Developers & Investors — Hines, Vornado, WeWork, First Potomac Realty Trust, Trammell Crow, Neighborhood Development Company, ASB Real Estate Investments,
● Brokerage & Capital Markets — CBRE, JLL, Colliers, Cresa, Long & Foster, Keller Williams
● Design & Construction — Skanska, Clark Construction, Shalom Baranes Associates
● Government & Economic Development — DC Economic Partnership, DC Office of Planning, District Department of the Environment, Golden Triangle BID, Mt. Vernon Triangle CID
Create is offering free access to welcome users to the platform, with tools including financial analysis, design feasibility planning, and economic modeling soon offered as premium features.
Create was founded in 2011 by a real estate developer, city planner, and software engineer who came together after seeing a deficiency in technology solutions for the real estate industry. The team of three content experts and eight software engineers is based in downtown DC and is looking to double in size and scale across the US in 2015.