DAQRI SMART GLASSES SHIP TO CUSTOMERS
The Comprehensive Professional-Grade AR Platform Drives Real-World Solutions for Enterprise Customers with Support from Global Partners
Los Angeles, CA — November 7, 2017 – DAQRI began shipping its DAQRI Smart Glasses™ today to customers worldwide. The professional-grade augmented reality (AR) platform is available for direct purchase through DAQRI’s website as well as through select channel partners. Customers across manufacturing, field services, maintenance and repair, inspections, construction, and more can now deploy the DAQRI AR platform in their operations.
Building on its suite of core technologies, DAQRI is now bringing professional-grade AR to scale through manufacturing and reseller partnerships, making AR a viable option for businesses across the globe to improve efficiency and productivity. “DAQRI has developed a comprehensive strategy to bring professional-grade AR to scale, including hardware, software, developer-friendly tools, and a robust partner ecosystem,” said Roy Ashok, CEO of DAQRI.
To enable its AR platform to deliver value for customers today, DAQRI is partnering with manufacturers and distributors experienced in delivering enterprise technology at scale. DAQRI’s partnership with Flex, the Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions provider that designs and builds Intelligent Products for a Connected World™ will provide global reach and allow DAQRI to meet the needs of each customer’s workforce.
“AR can deliver a transformative experience for both the consumer and enterprise markets,” said Mike Dennison, President, Consumer Technologies Group at Flex. “As the market gains momentum, we’re very excited to be partnered with DAQRI to help this leader in AR innovation redefine what is humanly possible.”
On the distribution side, DAQRI has partnered with Dell, a technology leader invested in AR solutions that can accelerate and improve communication, collaboration, design — and then help drive product lifecycles through build, maintenance, and operations in the field. DAQRI and Dell are collaborating throughout the supply chain, alongside customers and other partners, to build scalable solutions that can optimize performance and impact results.
“The work DAQRI is doing to advance the tangible benefits of AR is why we chose to collaborate with them as part of the Dell VR/AR Technology Partner Program,” said Neil Hand, Vice President of Product Strategy and Innovation at Dell. “The speed of immersive technology innovation is a central force driving business transformation and evolution; DAQRI has developed one of the strongest solutions for professional use that, when paired with Dell, can supercharge business productivity.”
DAQRI is partnering with other technology leaders to deliver professional-grade AR solutions, including connecting IoT workflows and displaying IoT data to workers, which is a key use case for enterprises.
“Oracle works with DAQRI because it is clearly focused on developing professional-grade AR solutions,” said Bhagat Nainani, Group Vice President of IoT Applications, Oracle. “AR adds a whole new dimension to asset management, and applied the right way, can increase real-time situational awareness and speed up response times, ultimately improving business outcomes and return on assets.”
DAQRI Customers Solving Problems Today
Customers across manufacturing, field services, maintenance and repair, inspections, construction, and more are deploying the DAQRI AR platform. In the case of Siemens, training and manufacturing assembly operations were condensed into a single seamless process that resulted in major improvements in efficiency and quality.
“In one of our projects leveraging DAQRI’s professional-grade AR platform, gas burners, which typically take two hours to build and a day to train, were assembled with 100% accuracy in under an hour by complete novices,” said Frank Vossnacker, a Senior R&D Project Leader at Siemens, who has been working with the DAQRI team for two years. “It’s clear to us that integrating AR into work training, manufacturing, inspections, and maintenance results in major increases in speed, efficiency, and quality of work.”
Royal BAM Group is looking to scale AR across their operations through a partnership with DAQRI.
Menno de Jonge, Director of Digital Construction at Royal BAM Group, said: “Recognizing AR as the quintessential technology for improving productivity and minimizing failure in facility management, BAM’s partnership with DAQRI represents taking important steps toward implementing AR on a large scale, starting with the first lean hospital in the Netherlands to implement lean operating methodologies, Zaans Medical Centre.”
Additionally, Parker Hannifin, Aprilia, Mortenson Construction, and other enterprises work with DAQRI to help them to achieve more and to solve core business challenges.
DAQRI Smart Glasses: Purpose built with ergonomics and safety
· DAQRI Smart Glasses have a modular design approach, with weight distributed between a lightweight set of glasses and a discrete body-worn compute pack for comfort and flexibility. They feature a hands-free user interface that is easy-to-learn and easy-to-use.
· Comfortably interact with 3D content in a wide field of view (44 degrees diagonal).
· Indoor and outdoor use is enabled by bright, transparent stereoscopic displays. Use DAQRI Smart Glasses in the office and out in the field.
· ANSI Certified.
Mobile and powerful
· A powerful mobile processor drives low-latency rendering and displays complex workloads, such as models and data from PLM systems and professional design tools.
· DAQRI Smart Glasses can become a wireless IoT device that connects with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. High performance optical sensors include a wide-angle tracking camera, a depth-sensing camera, and an HD color camera for taking photos and videos.
· Advanced, hardware-accelerated computer-vision technology combines simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) and sparse mapping technology to deliver persistent and reliable position tracking across large spaces. Users can “pin” an AR model to any point and it will remain in the right spatial position and orientation regardless of user movement over large distances, such as an entire manufacturing facility or construction site.
DAQRI Smart Glasses are the Professional Grade AR™ platform and uniquely deliver powerful, mobile AR experiences with a focus on ergonomics and safety. DAQRI Smart Glasses™ are available for purchase now from the DAQRI website for $4,995, and through select distributors and resellers.