39 Life Lessons
Here are a few lessons I’ve learned along the way. I thought I’d share them with you.
- Your dream life is just one step outside of your comfort zone.
2. If you think a difficult task is impossible, you’ll never even start trying to achieve it.
3. Drive is more important than talent.
4. Bring your talents and arrive on time.
5. Don’t spend time worrying about your opponent. Focus on playing your best game. If you do that, then you give your team the best chance to win.
6. Don’t be evil. Evil attracts evil.
7. Movement begets growth. Standing on the sidelines of life produces regret. But with movement, interesting things begin to happen.
8. Are humans more concerned with having, than being? Having means you are given something. Being means you move forward, and develop the ability to create the things you need.
9. Pass it on. Sow what you’re given.
10. Thinking about what people may think about you is a terrible waste of time and energy. Those thoughts are useless and irrelevant.
11. All it takes to be a superhero is the choice to fight evil.
12. All it takes to be great is the choice to change your attitudes and actions.
13. Nobody is ever ready. You either do it or you don’t. Up until now you haven’t. But not today. Right?
14. Perseverance is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it becomes.
15. Do your own thing now and get respect later.
16. My security is in my effort. Security comes from taking responsibility for your own business. You have to go get it.
17. When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you should jump.
18. I am the King’s hand.
19. A good man will do everything in his power to improve his family’s position, even at the expense of his own selfish desires.
20. The absence of sexual desire leaves one free to pursue other things.
21. Old habits die hard. If you don’t kick them, they kick you.
22. Always be grateful for what you got.
23. It ain’t about what happened. It’s about using what happened to your advantage.
24. If you want a happy ending, you gotta write it yourself.
25. To take command of your life. Cultivate some self-discipline.
26. Don’t wait for moments that never come. Shape your own future.
27. Don’t settle for just being a passenger in life. Participate! Choose a path and walk it.
28. If you build it, they will come.
29. This one is for sales people: Politicians sit in a room and make calls soliciting donations. If they can ask for handouts, certainly you can get on the phone with people and offer them something that they actually need. Lock yourself in a room, get on the phone. You hit your number, or die in that room.
30. If you’re stuck, don’t be too afraid or embarrassed to ask for help. I once paid my friend to watch me as I made sales calls, and to make sure I didn’t quit until I called every name on my list.
31. You are lovable and capable.
32. You may be stuck right now, but it’s only a matter of time.
33. God can use you even if you’re still tied up in bondages.
34. You gotta step up. Ain’t no laying in the background in life, trying to be anonymous. Winners step up.
35. The past does not mean everything. Pay attention to the here and now.
36. Shame ain’t worth as much as you think. Let it go.
37. Serve the weakest and most vulnerable.
38. We will never learn any of these secrets unless we demand to know them and force ourselves to look.
39. There are many more secrets left to find, but they will yield only to relentless searchers.