This Week In Tech: Snaps and Sneak Peeks Edition
Snapchat is poised to conquer, Google I/O brings a slew of new toys, and more, in our weekly news round-up.
By the Dave Partners Team
1) The Andreessen Horowitz podcast has been putting some special emphasis on recruiting lately. We were thrilled to find that they’ve got a great process for executive search.
2) Snapchat is raising $650 million in equity, putting the company at a very exciting $16 billion valuation.Evan Spiegel said this week that he’s looking to IPO; his company’s ever-more-massive value certainly seems like a good sign.
3) Google had its much-anticipated I/O conference this week. If you haven’t been keeping track, VentureBeat has a great round-up of everything that’s been announced.
4) Our own Dave Carvajal hosted a special dinner with VC champion Jules Metz. We’ve got some great photos from the event that you can check out on Google+.
5) And, for your daily dose of summer fun: Inc Magazine has some very helpful advice on what not to call yourself on LinkedIn.