This Week In Tech: The Big Leap Edition
A new VC firm bets big on luxury tech, Pinterest finds a way to feed your cravings, and more, in our weekly news round-up.
By the Dave Partners Team
1) A new venture capital firm is starting up in London: Felix Capital has $120 million in initial funding, which it will devote to fashion and luxury tech.
2) Detroit is re-building itself by becoming one of the country’s tech hubs.
3) Pinterest has finally introduced its long-rumored “buy” button. It’s coming first to iOS, and promises to make your online cravings a lot more expensive in the near future.
4) Apple CEO Tim Cook is passionate about encryption and privacy, and gave a stirring speech to prove it.
5) More news from mysterious augmented-reality start-up Magic Leap: They’re launching a developer platform.