HANDLE YOUR SPLINTERS
If you have a splinter in your foot and don’t remove it, what happens? It gets infected and it continues to hurt and wear on you. It effects your ability to fully stand, walk, run, basically function effectively. Eventually that splinter needs to get handled.
Basically a splinter that you don’t remove (or other foreign body) will do one of six things:
1. Persistently cause irritation either mechanical or chemical
2. Get walled off by the body and become essentially inert
3. Get walled off by the body but due to size or location the walled off splinter still is a mechanical irritant
4.Cause an infection
5. Be “spit” out of the body
6. Any combination or permutation of the above.
(thank you Quora: https://www.quora.com/What-happens-if-you-dont-remove-a-splinter)
Now, how would you relate this to your mind?
Think of a time when you were a kid and got bullied or were told you’re no good by someone whose, at that time, opinion mattered. What about that time your girlfriend lied about (insert whatever he/she lied about) and you found out? What about that time you were hurt playing a sport and someone laughed at your pain? The loss of a loved one, a dear friend or family member. Think of times of where you got yourself hurt.
These are splinters in your mind.
If you don’t remove these splinters, they will…
1 Persistently cause irritation and force you to do something either mechanical or chemical (self medicate)
2 Get walled off by the body/mind and become essentially inert (but they’re still there waiting to emerge at the worst possible moment)
3. Get walled off by the body but due to size or location the walled off splinter still is a mechanical irritant (can’t love, trust, experience joy, peace)
4.Cause an infection (you’re angry all the time, becoming resentful towards your loved ones, everyone’s a threat)
5. Be “spit” out of the body (you somehow magically “get over” it — VERY rare occurrence)
6. Any combination or permutation of the above…
A splinter in your mind effects your ability to fully stand on your own, to live a full rich life, to experience love and joy as it should be experienced, to be able to bond deeply with another, to be able to fully contribute to your community, country and planet. It will even effect your ability to know and connect with your infinite nature. If you got a splinter in there — or maybe a few — take action DAILY to remove them. Some splinters come out with a gentle squeeze, others need tweezers, if it’s deep enough you may need the help of someone else. Life is not always a DIY kind of thing.