Construction Site Safety Hacks
The construction industry is one of the most rewarding industries out there. It’s also one of the most dangerous. However, with a little caution and planning, a lot of accidents can be avoided.
At Del Zotto Products of Florida, we make safety a top priority. We know that construction sites can be dangerous, and we want to help you stay safe and healthy while working in the field.
HERE ARE SOME CONSTRUCTION SITE SAFETY HACKS TO HELP YOU ON THE JOB
- Use tools only for their intended tasks.
- Make sure you use high-quality, well-designed equipment.
- Never carry or pull a tool by its cord or hose. If the cord breaks, you run the risk of encountering an electric shock.
- Use ear plugs and safety goggles to protect your ears and eyes from loud sounds, vibrations and falling debris.
- Choose hand tools that won’t conduct heat or electricity.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Watch out for other people, obstacles, and equipment.
- Don’t use damaged tools.
- Don’t leave tools or construction materials unattended. Someone could trip over smaller tools or injure themselves on bigger ones.
- Don’t carry objects while climbing. They can throw off your balance and make you less stable, or come loose and injure someone else.
- Always wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the job.
- Make sure work surfaces are sturdy, clean, level and dry. This will help you prevent slips and falls.
Construction work can be dangerous, but it doesn’t have to be. Armed with knowledge, caution and planning, you should be able to do your job without fear of injury. Although accidents happen, being prepared will reduce your risk of running into the majority of common hazards.
We applaud the men and women working in the construction industry for their dedication. If you work with concrete, we want to make your job a little easier. Check out the forms and equipment we offer, and contact us or connect with us on social media for more information about work site safety.