The age of digital dentistry is here and Denteractive is a platform to improve communication and collaboration between dentists and patients.
Until recently, educating the public regarding oral health, or available dental care options, had been challenged: the subject minimally taught in schools, there were limited resources in the media and press, and insurance companies didn’t promote preventative care and education, as much as they could.
Now, the Internet is making educational, health information highly accessible to the public! In addition, social media have enabled sharing with friends and patient communities, often making “information” unnecessarily available, burdensome or hard to navigate! The need for “optimized” information in healthcare and dentistry is beyond crucial at this point.
Activity in this space has exponentially grown recently as consumers, doctors, health vendors and insurances, all have benefits to gain by packaging and optimizing the needed data. To tame the Wild West of healthcare information on the Net, Google has launched a new database of 400 medical conditions, and the treatments that have been approved by an average of 11 doctors, in partnership with the Mayo Clinic. Other specialized databases will surely follow suit, and for good reason:
As the importance of dentistry to long-term health has become better known — including, how gum disease can increase the risk of heart disease and cancer — more patients are seeking both authoritative sources of information on the latest discoveries, and dentists who are respected as the best by their peers. Online forums and platforms make dental professionals realize they need to not only be delivering technical excellence, but they must communicate that prevention is much less expensive and painful than trying to save damaged teeth and gums.
Google Ventures is at the forefront of this movement and is expecting to invest billions in healthcare, life sciences, and digital medical services to facilitate gathering and easy analysis of health data; and ways to improve doctor-patient relationships, enabling same-day appointments, and customizing electronic medical records.
Denteractive is already providing the platform so that patients, general dentists and specialists can share information in real time through secure and encrypted channels that are compliant with healthcare privacy protection under law known as HIPAA. They excel in providing these cutting-edge digital services:
- A live video function that enables patients to schedule a chat with the dentist, an opportunity for both to ask questions and get answers to find they have much in common and build trust that they can work well together towards their goals. This allows for a unique way to “connect” on a personal level with your dentist, and will not only harmonize, but revolutionize the pre-appointment relationship in dentistry!
- Communication via text messaging between the office and prospective patient, which will build on the dentist-patient relationship.
- A Live Scheduler so patients can pick an open time that is convenient.
- Digital records on a HIPAA-compliant platform that make sure the patient and practice are literally on the same page about past and present treatments.
- An emergency response feature that enables a patient to ask for professional help from anyone in the network who is accepting alerts at the time.
Denteractive facilitates the education of patients through blogs, videos, and direct digital interactions with their neighborhood dentists. Essentially, Denteractive connects people to their ideal dentists who can provide general treatment, cosmetics and prevention; or, specialty care in these areas, amongst others:
- Periodontics: treatment of gum disease, through conventional and minimally invasive surgical techniques.
- Endodontics: treatment of infected and painful roots through conventional and microsurgical root canal procedures.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: treatment of difficult surgical dilemmas, severe infections, severe Oral-Facial Trauma, and placement of dental implants to restore missing teeth.
- Prosthodontics: treatment of difficult prosthetic situations and full mouth reconstruction.
- Orthodontics: treatment of misaligned teeth, bite and functional disturbances or inconsistencies, in both children and adults.
- Pedodontics: treatment of children and adolescents in gentle ways that make them see the dentist as their friend.
- Sedation Dentistry: treatment of adults and children using controlled medications to help reduce anxiety, and promote a relaxing dental experience.
Denteractive promotes seamless dental education and transparency, and is the future of dentistry happening now