- Can I vote in person BEFORE November 8th?
Yes! You don’t have to wait until Election Day to vote in Virginia. You can start voting in person now.
- When is the last day I can vote in person before November 8th?
The deadline is 5:00 PM, November 5, 2016.
- Where do I go to cast my vote in person between now and November 5th?
- Why should I vote NOW?
No long lines and no risk of being unable to vote because your have the wrong ID, or something out of the blue has come up to upset your day.
- What is the difference between Absentee Voting and In Person Voting:
Read more here: http://wtkr.com/2016/10/27/voters-confuse-early-voting-with-absentee-voting/
- What do I need to bring with me to the voting booth:
Go here: http://www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/photo-ids-required-to-vote/
- Does my address on my ID need to be latest address where I live?
No. As long as it is a valid VA ID, you are perfectly with your right to use it. List of IDs accepted is here: http://www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/photo-ids-required-to-vote/
- Where do I go to find out more about my rights and obligations as a Virginia Voter:
Go here: http://www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/voter-rights-responsibilities/index.html
- What if I have a question or I am confused?
Call the Virginia Department of Elections at: Toll Free: (800) 552–9745
- What if I witness intimidation or voter suppression activities?
Whip our your iPhone and record. Don’t confront. And contact the media:
- WRCTV: 202–885–4111
- WJLA: 703–236–9552
- WUSA: 202–895–5999
- CNN: 404.827.1500, select option 1