7 Steps for “How to rank your website on the first page of Google”
They say that a person who clicks for the second page on a Google search results page must be really desperate.
The line above has become true even if it was not earlier. With search engines getting smarter and people relying more on the relevance of the results of the first page, it is seldom that an internet user will go to the second page of Google or Bing.
This poses the greatest challenge for businesses as they become a part of the search engine race where they have to beat their competition in order to bag the coveted page 1 position.
While people have different setting for the number of search results displayed on their screen, a rank less than 10 is ideal to be on the first page or sure.
But how do we reach the glorious page 1? Here are a few bullet points that will help:
- Identify your keywords — There are tons of blogs that tell you how to do that. Here are some more precise tips
- Limit your focus keywords — Ideally, I would ask my clients to determine the primary keywords they want to target. I would choose 10 keywords that are really important for the business. 20 tops. Other keywords can follow later.
- Be realistic — We are a full service digital agency. But will also rank well for keywords like digital marketing delhi orsocial media company delhi. The location suffix does the trick. If I was targeting just “digital marketing”, it would not be ideal. There is no way that Google will show your business for the word “business” — be it the best keyword you have targeted
- Do not forget the brand — This is much more important for newer brands and newer domains. Make sure that you target your brand keywords as your primary keywords
- On-page SEO — All aspects of on-page SEO should be in order and keywords should be strategically places across all key elements
- Content is King — Make sure you write for people and not search engines. It is important to strategically squeeze in your keywords though
- Compliment with off-page SEO — Off page SEO is important. It is a long, tedious task that needs to be done right. Make sure you do it right or hire a good digital marketing company to do it for you.
You might wonder that 4 of the 7 steps above talk about keywords. Well, that is because that is how important it is to get the keywords right.
We will have more blogs to follow where we will talk in detail about the steps for identifying the right SEO keywords.