AWS — EC2 instance Auto-recovery
- This feature is limited to EC2 Instance types with EBS only storage.
- For Cloudwatch Alarms- Instance status check fails & System check fails.
- If the EC2 instance fails for some reason like Filesystem or network issues, AWS can Reboot this EC2 Instance with same EBS Volume attached on a Same Host or another Host.
- If the System check fails for some reason at Host level, AWS can recover all EC2 instances running on the Failed Host. AWS will start all failed EC2 Instances on a another Host with same EBS volume attached to each EC2 instance.
- All restored Instances in Auto recovery will retain these properties:
- Instance ID and Instance Metadata
- EBS volume attachments
- Private IP and Elastic IP addresses
This is an important feature for EC2 — Failover strategy.