Learn Virtual Networking in Google Cloud or Azure or AWS?
Every Cloud provider might provide a Default network. Please do not use the Default network for launching your VM’s.
Network attributes: YOU SHOULD KNOW IN DEPTH
- CIDR = address range
- Routing table = Name, destination and target
- Firewall rules = Name, Source IP Range, Protocols/Ports [Incoming]
Network level — Firewall rules and Routes will be used for all the Machines which are part of this Network. But the Machine level Firewall rules can override this Network level Firewall rules.
Some other Network features:
- IP range “0.0.0.0/0” means from any IP/Machine.
- Every VM has Temporary or Static IP address. Static address is not free.
- You can easily SSH or RDP into the VM
Some other Disk/Volumes features:
- VM might have an attached — Boot disk & Data disk. Once attached, please Mount the Disks.
- Before Mounting the new Disk “sd1”, we need to create a New directory “/sd1folder/”, for this new Disk “sd1”. Then format the Disk and mount the disk on this folder “/sd1folder/”.
- So now, whatever files we create inside this folder “/sd1folder”, will be stored in the new attached persistent Disk “sd1”. We can take snapshots of this VM Disk “sd1” and then create a new Disk using this snapshot.
- We can create snapshot of Boot and Data disk.