How to manage & control Docker Repo?
Project -> Repo -> Images -> Containers
To manage Docker Repo, we need to have Policy mechanism, project hierarchy, audit trail, monitoring logs, backup/restore, HA in place.
Lets take a simple case study of Docker storage:
- Project name = ibs_dummy
- Repo name = frontendrepo
- Image name = frontendrepo/nginx
- Image version = frontendrepo/nginx:2.2.0
- Image Tag = version 2.2.0 OR latest
Repo Control in place:
- We should also have security in place at Project/Repo/Images level.
- Which Roles have access to which Project/Repo/Images?
- Which Roles have access to which Operations on which Project/Repo/Images?
- Log of all Access operations with Image name, Operations [push, pull images], Username, Date and time, etc