Dark Mode is Coming
So many recent IOS app updates include a dark mode that it’s hard to deny the demand exists. Today’s update to the Google Keyboard app is a beautiful example. I anticipate Apple’s October 2016 Keynote to confirm a system wide dark made given the additional mounting evidence:
- It’s consistent with Apple’s efforts to reduce screen induced eye strain (Night Shift and True Tone)
- It’s a perfect companion to the new Space Black iPhone color
- AppleTV just updated to include dark mode for home theatre effect
- This week’s update to Apple’s own Remote App is exclusively dark themed
- Windows 10 just added a system wide dark mode
- Leaked ios10 code includes a mention of Dark Mode
I use dark themes whenever possible. Having less time with a bright screen shining into my face instantly feels better on the eyes.
I know that I could just put down my phone and spare my eyeballs but what’s the fun of that?!?