5 Things I Wish I Knew as a First-Timer at #NACAC17
#NACAC17 is quickly approaching! It will be my second time attending the conference of all conferences and I will be much better prepared this time than last. Couple of things you should all know to be a step ahead of the game.
- Pack appropriately! You will be in sessions during the day, attending socials in the evening, and exploring Boston in spare time before or after the conference. Maybe you are looking forward to getting in a few runs or walks for exercise too. Whatever you do, don’t UNDER pack. You also don’t want to pack like this guy though.
2. #NACAC17 is expecting approximately 8000 members of the college admissions counseling community. You certainly don’t need to bring 8000 business cards but bring a good amount. You never know who you will meet!
3. Aside from the conference sessions, there are a few “mini” sessions that take place in the Exhibitors Hall! Keep an eye out for “Learning Lounges”, “Exhibitor Presentations”, and “Tech Labs”, which cover a myriad of resources and topics.
4. You can’t be in multiple places at once and you don’t need to! Think about getting a Conference Audio package so that you can have access to other concurrent sessions you could not get to.
5. Don’t miss the First Timers’ Orientation on Thursday morning. You’re not the only one at the conference for the first time, so why not bond with those sharing the experience with you? Also, come learn from NACAC leaders about more of the ins and outs of the conference.
Coming to #NACAC17?! Don’t hesitate to add me on Twitter >>> Carlos Cano. Would love to connect with you! See you in Boston!
A version of this post was first published on NACAC’s Admitted blog ( http://admitted.nacacnet.org/wordpress/index.php/2017/08/29/nacac17-5-things-i-wish-i-had-known-as-a-conference-first-timer/)