Every year on March 8th, women everywhere are celebrated for their social, economic, cultural and political achievements during International Women’s Day. It is an annual reminder of how far women have come in the fight for gender parity and how long of a road still lies ahead of us.
In June, the FIFA Women’s World Cup kicks off in France and elite female footballers will grace our TV screens for a short but sweet four weeks. But day in, day out, women and girls from every country, ethnicity, religion, and background, play, coach, referee and work in football — despite all the many barriers they face.
We believe that any girl, anywhere has the right to opportunity, equality and respect.
Nothing more, nothing less.
WITH THIS IN MIND, OUR 2019 CAMPAIGN WAS BORN: #ANYGIRLANYWHERE
We believe that:
- Any girl anywhere should be able to play, without traveling too far, nor paying too much.
- Any girl anywhere should be supported to be the best player, coach, referee, administrator or journalist she can be.
- Any girl anywhere should access quality training facilities, kit, pitches, coaches and referees. She is not an afterthought.
- Any girl anywhere should be able to imagine herself working in football with a seat at the table.
- Any girl anywhere should feel valued and her coaches, teachers and the media should treat her with respect.
We are delighted to partner with incredible organisations and inspirational individuals around the world, all united by a desire to create a world where #AnyGirlAnywhere can play to the best of their abilities, free from harassment.
So what future do you want for #AnyGirlAnywhere?
Originally Published: March 8, 2019