The Styling Guide for Women’s Corduroy Jackets
Corduroy outfits, which were earlier favorites for children alone, are now in demand amongst the youngsters too. The fabric has gained popularity among almost all age-groups. From jackets to pants and jumpers, corduroy is used to design almost all outfits. A staple for the wardrobe of men as well as women, this fabric offers many benefits besides adding a distinct appeal to the look of the wearer. Due to the thickness of the fabric, Muslim love picking out corduroy dresses.
Corduroy jackets for women can be worn for multiple occasions. Sometimes, it features stylish patterns and cuts, which makes it look even more attractive.
Facts About the Fabric:
Before you choose outfits designed from a particular fabric, it is beneficial to have some basic information about that fabric. Here are some common facts about corduroy.
- The name “corduroy” has been given to the fabric because of the pattern of parallel cords on its surface.
- The cords can be thick or sleek, and can run horizontally or vertically.
- Twisted fibers of polyester, cotton, acrylic or rayon are used to make the cords.
- The width of each cord is referred to as “wale”.
- Narrow wales make the corduroy fabric soft and slightly stretchable. This fabric is less durable when compared to that having wider wales. Shirts, jackets, and caps are designed with this fabric.
- Corduroy curtains, pants, handbags, and footwear are designed with a fabric having wider wales.
- The narrow spaces between the cords on the fabric are called “channels”.
- Depending on the width of the channels, corduroy fabric can be denser or lighter.
Women today love wearing corduroy jackets. Here are some guiding tips for buying and wearing these jackets.
Choose the Right Jacket
A lot of women end up buying the wrong corduroy jacket due to lack of detail. While buying the jacket, make sure that all cords on the fabric follow on the same direction. For jackets, it is better to choose a fabric with wider vales for high durability.
The Jacket Should Complement Your Body Type
If you have a curvy figure, do not go for a fabric with wider wales, as it will make your body look even more voluminous. Perfectly fitting jackets with narrow wales are better for such body types. You should wear corduroy jackets having vertical cords if you fall in the category of short women.