Wearing Layers beneath a Coat: The Safest Way to Survive Winters
Thick fog and cold wave are the talk of the town, but even amidst this situation, women can never comprise on dressing up fashionably. The market is loaded with numerous wool jackets and winter coats for women and you can get dressed in a fashionable jacket or a coat of your choice. You want to look fashionable but are bothered about what will happen if even after wearing a jacket or a coat, you will feel cold? Worry not, just layer it up! Yes, that’s right. Wearing layers beneath a coat is one of the safest ways to survive winters. If you are thinking that wearing too many layers might make you look heavy, here is a guide that can help you get dressed in the right manner.
- Base layer: The best way to start dressing is by wearing a warmer. Choose a warmer that is thin so that you can easily wear more layers on top of it. If you choose a warmer that is thick, you will appear plump when you wear more layers over it. Also, make sure that the warmer you wear has full length sleeves, so that you are well-protected from the cold. Also, to stay warm, you can wear leg warmer or leggings. Once you wear this, you can easily wear jeans or salwaar over it.
- Mid layer: The mid layer covering should be light as this is the layer between the base layer and the insulating layer. Since both the base layer and the insulating layers are extremely warm, it is of utmost importance to choose an outfit that is light and not too warm. A light full-sleeved t-shirt is a great choice for the mid layer.
- Insulating layer: The insulating layer should be light in weight, yet warm. Moreover, this outfit should fit well on top of the mid layer. You can choose a sweater style jacket or a synthetic jacket. Choosing a synthetic jacket is a wise choice as these jackets retain their insulating property even if they get wet. Wearing a synthetic jacket is a good option for people who stay in areas where it frequently rains during winter. You can easily take off your outer layer and yet stay warm.
- Outer layer: This is your main layer and it should be something extremely warm. There is an availability of a huge variety of stylish coats and wool jackets for women; and you can choose from them.
- Covering the head: Covering the head is of utmost importance and to do so, you can choose a Hijab made of a warm material.
By wearing these layers, you will stay protected, and at the same time will look fashionable.