Easy Group Airfare’s 5 Best Countries to Visit in 2017
We have sent thousands of people abroad in 2016 and these 5 countries top our travelers’ list of places that everyone must see in 2017
For anyone’s first trip abroad, Spain is the first destination that you have to visit.
- Barcelona & Madrid
- View the architectural marvels and colors of Spain’s famous architect, Antoni Gaudi, in Gaudi Park and via the remarkable (yet still unfinished) church, La Sagrada Familia.
- Spend a morning viewing amazing artwork at the Picasso Museum and perhaps spend the afternoon at Camp Nou, home to one of Europe’s most successful soccer clubs.
- Visit Madrid with a strong stomach and a inclination for Spanish tradition to see brave matador engage in bull fighting
- Outdoor Activities
- Hike through the Pyrenees Mountains
- Surf the gnarly waves of San Sebastian
- Relax on the beaches of the Mediterranean on the Costa del Sol
- Paella (rice mixed with peppers, sausage, peas, and various seafood)
- Gazpacho (chilled tomato soup)
- Pollo al ajillo (garlic chicken — official meal of Spanish grandmothers)
Our absolute favorite South American destination.
- Situated on the Pacific Ocean, partake in amazing surfing, parasailing, or simply sunbathe on the beach.
- Take a stroll or rent bikes along the Miraflores Boardwalk located along the cliffs high above the Pacific Ocean.
- Trek to the Incan Citadel of Machu Picchu via the Inca Trail or simply take a train and hike to the Temple of the Sun overlooking the entire ruins.
- Visit the Sacred Valley where you can go zip lining, white water rafting on the Urubamba River, and explore a number of smaller Incan ruins.
- Puerto Maldonado
- An hour north of Cuzco, stay in a nature lodge located in the Amazon rainforest to partake in caiman watching and evening nature hikes, hikes through the jungle, and sightseeing on tree canopies
- Food and Souvenirs
- Ceviche (raw fish marinated in citrus juice)
- Lomo Saltado (beef stir-fry with tomatoes, peppers, onions and blended in a pan with soy sauce and fried potatoes)
- Cuy (Guinea pig-a staple in Cuzco)
- Outdoor flea markets offer a number of colorful, alpaca textiles and inexpensive silver products
Do not let the media reports discourage you from visiting this amazing country saturated with ancient history and endless white beaches
- Visit two of the most famous UNESCO sites of Ancient Greece-The Parthenon and the Acropolis-be sure to visit one of the city’s amazing museums (we recommend the Acropolis Museum or National Archaeological Museum)
- Delphi, Thermopylae, and the Meteora Monasteries
- Visit the archaeological site of Delphi-best known for the oracle of the high priestess at the sanctuary dedicated to the Apollo.
- Take a picture of the giant statute of Leonidas at Thermopylae, the famous site where 300 Spartans held off the enormous Persian Empire
- The Meteora Monasteries — one of the world’s most sacred ecclesiastical sites, climb to one of the six monasteries perched high upon mountainous pillars
- Island Hopping
- From the beach parties and nightlife of Mykonos to the volcanoes and legendary sunsets of Santorini, hopping around the Greek islands is definitely a must for every avid traveler
- Food (be sure to take part in an authentic taverna, family-style dinner)
- Gyro (chicken/lamb served on a pita with tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki (yogurt sauce)
- Olives, Olive Oil, and Feta Cheese
- Mousakka (Sautéed eggplant, minced meat, tomato, onion, garlic, béchamel sauce topped with melted cheese)
THAILAND: You definitely will not be able to cover all of Thailand in one vacation, but here are our recommendations for your first time.
- Make sure to make a quick stop at one of the city’s many temples and the Grand Palace
- Pick up souvenirs in Siam Square (the Fifth Avenue, NYC of Thailand)
- The night life in Bangkok is supposed to be legendary: from rooftop bars like Sky Bar, dancing in nightclubs like Ce La Vi or Route66, or take in a unique, cabaret-like Lady boy Show
- Life is a beach
- If sun-bathing and water activities are what you seek, visit Phuket, Koh Samui, or any one of the Thai Islands where you will find an endless supply of turquoise waters and white beaches
- Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai
- Chiang Rai: View the incredible white temples and churches as well as an amazing night bazaar and a number of interesting museums
- Chiang Mai: The ancient cities of Chiang Mai offer activities ranging from the temples of Wat Sri Suphan and Wat Chedi Luang to the Bua Thong Waterfalls to exploring the lush greenery via elephant.
- Pad Thai (stir-fried noodles served usually served with peanuts, scallions, and meat/seafood)
- Som Tam (green papaya salad with vegetables and variations often include fermented fish sauce or salted preserve egg)
- Banana Pancakes (topped with vanilla sauce but can come in many flavors including chocolate and strawberry)
The Holy Land is another location that goes on our list of “Destinations You Are Missing Out On Because of the News”. But after safely sending dozens of travelers here, the consensus is this place Israeli a must-see.
- Old City of Jerusalem: Home to three of the holiest sites in the world, The Western Wall, Dome of the Rock and The Church of the Holy Sepulcher
- Yad Vashem: Israel’s official memorial to the victims of the Holocaust, this emotional museum has the most extensive collection of photos, artifacts, and exhibits from World War II.
- Tour a winery in the neighboring Ela Valley and spend the night out on Jerusalem’s vibrant pedestrian mall, Ben Yehudah Street, with its pubs, shops, and restaurants with plenty of live music
- Visit the BatGalim Beach for awesome wave and kite-surfing on the Mediterranean Sea
- Baha’i Gardens (pictures are truly worth a thousand words)
- Tel Aviv and the Dead Sea
- Jaffa: One of the world’s ancient ports, explore the local flea market of Shuk Hapishpeshim for souvenirs and amazing food
- Take a day to admire the city’s 1930s Bauhaus architecture
- Float in the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth, and replenish your skin with the sea’s vitamin enriched mud
- Falafel (deep-fried ball of chickpeas and fava beans)
- Hummus (mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic)
- Shakshouka (eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, and spiced with cumin)
- Shawarma (roasted lamb, chicken, or beef shaved from a revolving spit usually served in a pita with lettuce and tomatoes)
— — — —
Easy Group Airfare is an international travel agency specializing in group travel. We have assisted thousands of travelers and groups of all sizes visit almost every corner of the earth! Visit www.easygroupairfare.com to learn more.