This list was put together by Bob Lisbonne who collected notes from dozens of meetings with Jim Barksdale. When Jim became involved with EdgeTheory, these sayings became our mantras. We’ll be sharing a few a day for the next five days…if you have any JB Sayings or Southernisms you live by, we welcome them in the comments!
- “The infantry is always ahead of headquarters.”
- “If your own kids say you’re a deadbeat, it’s hard to get respect on the outside.”
- “If you ain’t got a reference, you gotta do a whole lot a talking. A reference is the most important sales tool a rep can have.”
- “We’re lost, but we’re making good time.”
- “Your job is to run as fast as you can towards the cliff. My job is to move the cliff.”