A document summarization is and must always be about a brief explanation of a particular story, piece of any writing or actual events. The success of what you aim to do when summarizing documents or books requires that you only include main ideas as well as supporting facts from which you can choose to include other things but not to the extent of re-writing it. Your task to summarize my article is a daunting, but achievable task.
Easy Ways to Summarize Document
When it comes to the need to summarize document, you must always see to it that you keep the integrity of the book or document you have summarized. The summary you are going to create must only contain the original thought or idea coming from the mind of the author himself. Inserting any of your own interpretations or opinions into it would surely lead to failure and confusion in conveying message towards your readers. Look at the following.
- Trim the piece down — this is an effective start to document summarization. Put to mind the boldness of what the article is about without having to write anything.
- Read it carefully — in order for you to write an efficient and effective summary, you must understand what you have read. For you to do this effectively, you must try to put yourself into the mind of the author.
- Outlining the article — this step to summarize document would serve as the backbone of what you’re trying to summarize. This is where you write down your support points for every section you have summarized.
- Identify what it’s all about — since you have read and outlined key points, you now have to have a clear understanding of what the book is about so that you can let your readers know what your intentions are in the document summarization.
- Check you accuracy — since a summary is not that different from what the actual document is about, you must check that, the purpose and target audience of your document remains intact, ensuring that it goes to fulfill a specific purpose.
These are the best tips for summarizing that you can consider to summarize document. Like any other form writing, you must carefully write it so that it gets to make that impact you are looking for. Well then, why don’t you get going and summarize a document today?
Originally published at www.summarizemypaper.com.