We are ecstatic to introduce our first alpha release, fully playable on the Rinkeby test net. Visit https://www.ethino.com/alpha/ to start playing!
Early preview of our game, please let us know of any bugs you find !
firstname.lastname@example.org subject: Ethino Bugs
How to Play
Our War card game is played with six standard 52 card decks. The cards are ranked just like poker with aces being the highest followed by the king, queen, jack, 10 and so on.
- The player wagers any amount they choose but can only win up to our max win. The player may also place a side wager which pays 10 to 1 in the event of a tie on the first cards dealt to the player and house. This is an optional wager which also falls under the houses max win rule.
Bet amount is under Total Bet. The player must then use the slider to select how much of the ETH they would like to bet on the Main bet and the Side bet. In our case we chose 1 ETH total bet, with .5 Main and .5 Side. The grey slider allows for 0–80% of the Main bet going towards the Side bet.
2. One card is then dealt to the dealer and one card dealt to the player.
3. The player’s card is compared against the dealers and the highest card wins. If the player wins they receive an equal amount as their wager. If the player loses the house takes their wager. The hand is now over.
4. In the event of a tie, the player can either surrender and lose half their wager, or the player can go to war and must double their initial wager. When going to war, the player’s initial wager is taken by the house, followed by another card dealt both to the dealer and player. The higher card once again wins. If the player wins, they will only receive an amount equal to their tie wager. If the player loses, the house takes their tie wager. In the event a second tie occurs, the player will win 3 to 1 on the amount of their tie wager only. The hand is now over.
Maximum Win(set to 1 ETH in alpha): This amount is the maximum amount a player can win for any one hand. This is in place to reduce risk of large lucky wagers taking all of the house money as well as to diminish use of martingale strategy. 
Minimum Wager(not set in alpha): to reduce chance of martingale betting system house losses.
Tie Wager: The player can wager on the outcome of a tie between the dealer and the player’s first hand. This will pay 10 to 1 (ex: player wagers 1 eth for the tie wager, dealer draws a 7 of hearts and the player draws a 7 of clubs, player receives 10 eth and continues the game) This wagers size can be between 0% — 80% of the main bet amount.
Expected value for our war game (excluding tie wager) comes out to 1.2358% house profit based on the 6 decks super liberal rules.
How to connect to Rinkeby
We recommend MetaMask to connect to Rinkeby to test our alpha out.
- Click on MetaMask extension on the top right corner of your chrome browser.
- Top left of MetaMask click beside the fox where it shows main/test net.
- Select Rinkeby Test Network.
Once the steps above are done you are ready to play! All you need now is some Rinkeby test net ETH. Visit https://faucet.rinkeby.io/ and follow their “How does this work” instructions to get test ETH.
If your having difficulty obtaining test net ETH, we would be happy to send you some. Please email us at email@example.com with the subject: Alpha ETH
Alpha on Rinkeby test net: https://www.ethino.com/alpha/
Thanks for reading!