Values Make Us Who We Are
Values are at the core of who we are as people but also they are at the core of who we are as organizations and communities. In celebration of World Values Day, we asked the members of several local and global communities in which we participate or partner with, to share what their personal values are. Here are the communities:
- Impact Hub Zürich is co-working space and an entrepreneurial community of 750+ innovators, start-ups and corporate partners who come together to build a radically collaborative world.
- Impact Hub Budapest is co-working space and the local home of changemakers bringing to Budapest a unique, international ecosystem of resources, inspiration, and collaboration opportunities that support a more sustainable world.
- betahaus | Sofia is the first coworking space in Bulgaria and one of the largest in the region.
- Teal for Startups (T4S) is a global community of people passionate about next-stage organisations. Teal, as described in Reinventing Organisations is a colour code for organisations functioning on the three main principles: Wholeness — being ourselves at work, Evolutionary Purpose — listening what is most important in the moment and do that, and Self-organising — organically forming groups to serve a purpose.
- MITxU.Lab and Theory U in Practice are global learning communities united by Theory U, which proposes that the quality of the results that we create in any kind of social system is a function of the quality of awareness, attention, or consciousness that the participants in the system operate from. Its ultimate goal is to empower change makers to co-sense and co-shape the future.
Here are the top values of the members of these communities:
Impact Hub Zürich: making a difference, enthusiasm/ positive thinking, creativity, continious learning and well-being.
Impact Hub Budapest: caring, accountability, independence, trust, reliability, competence and commitment.
betahaus | Sofia: caring, adaptability, continious learning, trust, creativity, commitment, efficiency, reliability and patience.
Teal for Startups (T4S): integrity, creativity, compassion, courage, enthusiasm/positive attitude, humour/fun and personal growth.
Celebrating who we are as People, Communities and Organizations
There are values that people in these communities share like caring and compassion, creativity, continuous learning, and trust. However, each community has also its very own unique values like for example: dialogue, ease with uncertainty, humility, patience, fairness or independence. It is the unique combination of the values of people and the group values they share that make up for the unique fabric of any human system. By reading the top values of the people in these communities, we get a feel of who they are, what they care for, what warms their hearts and makes them get up in the morning, and what makes up for the unique choices and decisions they take every day.
World Values Day is one day in the year that reminds us to think about our most deeply held values and to act on them. If we are aware of our values and put them into action each and every day, we can change our lives and change the world we live in.
Eudaimonia Solutions is proud to be an official partner of the World Values Day. But even more so, we are proud that as a Certified Consultant with the Barrett Values Centre, values are the core of all work we do with organizations throughout Europe in the field of Leadership and Organizational Development.
Originally published at eudaimonia.solutions on October 19, 2016.