By: Jenna Cyprus
Most professionals have, at some point, dreamt of owning their own businesses. It’s a manifestation of the American dream, building something from your own idea and using it to shape your own destiny. It’s exciting, and empowering, and downright fun at times, but unfortunately, thousands of entrepreneurs jump into business ownership every year without realizing the full scope of entrepreneurship.
1. An amazing idea doesn’t mean an amazing revenue stream.
2. Nothing starts out perfect.
3. Your plans are based on at least some false assumptions.
4. The decisions aren’t going to be easy.
5. Hard work is demanded, and doesn’t always pay off.
6. There’s a psychological toll.
7. You will probably fail.