How Twitter Cards can give you wings.
Great content is only valuable when it is seen by your audience. Discover how you can get your content seen (and generate leads) with Twitter cards.
Promoted tweets are one thing with their ‘Pay to Play’ methodoligy, but in many ways they are limited to what your business can do. Enter Twitter Cards.
A Twitter card is the tweet that you click on to view a Vine or a YouTube video or a high quality image posted by your favourite brand without ever leaving the platform. The infrastructure of a Twitter card allows you to deliver rich media experiences to your followers; the reach of which goes far beyond the character restrictions implemented by Twitter.
ALWAYS THINK VISUAL
With Twitter Cards content is everything — you can attach rich photos, links, videos and media experience to Tweets that drive traffic to your website. Simply add a few lines to your Tweet and attach or insert a link to either your personal brand or website, users will see your tweet generated as a “Card” that’s visible to all of your followers.
The Tweet below shows an example of a Player Card tweet with a shortened link attatched to a youtube clip. Remember Simplicity is a must in delivering clarity to your tweets all in under 140 characters.
How to Drive engagement from your Tweets
The below Card types give you examples of how your posting style can result in increased traffic to your website, product or personal brand:
- Summary Card: Default Card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Summary Card with Large Image: Similar to a Summary Card, but with a prominently featured image.
- Photo Card: A Card with a photo only.
- Gallery Card: A Card highlighting a collection of four photos.
- App Card: A Card to detail a mobile app with direct download.
- Player Card: A Card to provide video/audio/media.
- Product Card: A Card optimized for product information.
A Card with an image attatched will gain much more traffic and increase the chances of engagement than one without. To learn more about how Card meta tags and Twitter web crawler works, please check out Getting Started Guide on the Twitter website.
Measure results of your Cards
To complement the Twitter Card platform, analytics reveal how you can improve key metrics such as URL clicks, app install attempts and Retweets.
Click here to learn more about measuring your Twitter performance with Twitter Card analytics.
Get started in 5 simple steps
Ready to get started with Twitter Cards? Try these 5 simple steps and be sure to leave us comments regarding your success.
- Choose a card type you want to implement.
- Add the pertinent meta tags to your page.
- Run your URL against the validator tool to be approved.
- After approval, tweet the URL and see the Card appear below your tweet.
- Be sure to use Twitter Card analytics to measure your results.
We at Social Star hope this helps you enjoy Twitter and see an increase in traffic from using Twitter Cards. Drop us a line at socialstar.com.
Thanks for reading, and happy coding!