Introducing The New Fieldlens
By Fieldlens CEO Doug Chambers
I’m so excited to share with you what we’ve been working on for the last several months at Fieldlens. Our goal has always been to provide an easy to use tool that helps people in the field communicate more effectively, work with less frustration, and get more done.
What we’ve found along the way is that Fieldlens is not just a better way to communicate, it’s a better way to work.
The fact is, a lot of the way our industry gets things done is carried over from the days of carbon copies, fax machines and file cabinets. RFIs, daily reporting, punch list, etc — why do these processes feel the way they did 30 years ago? Sure — you’re using a computer and probably a tablet or smartphone — but is just taking those old processes and replicating them on a phone real progress? We don’t think it is.
And that’s why I’m so proud to announce the all new Fieldlens launching today.
The new Fieldlens is something better — something that will have a significant impact on your business. Imagine a world where daily reporting, punch list, meeting agendas and minutes, and general communication are all the exact same simple process for your field teams: a series of quick posts from their mobile device — less forms and less busywork.
Imagine all of these conversations and decisions, observations and tasks with a complete audit trail. Timestamps, pictures and video. Easily searchable, always and from anywhere.
And now imagine that from your team’s simple posts, you get back realtime insights that help you keep everyone on track, address issues sooner, and spot the trends that help you finish projects faster.
Stop imagining — The New Fieldlens has arrived.
Where did the changes come from?
Construction IS communication. The best foremen, supers, engineers, architects and project managers all know that to effectively do their jobs they must communicate well with a diverse group of people throughout the day.
But even with all of our technology advancements — software, apps, mobile devices, etc. — it’s still been difficult to manage it all. Up until now.
We asked ourselves: Why can I log in to an app like Facebook and find out what my sister had for dinner 200 miles away, but it’s impossible to find out what’s happening on a jobsite across town?
If you think about it, a construction project is just like a social network — a temporary network of people and companies that must come together to get something built. So we designed the new Fieldlens to look and feel more like a social app. Now you can communicate effortlessly with the other companies and people on the project — or privately with your team — and have a constant Feed detailing progress in real time.
What is the impact for you?
- Easier and more fun: A more enjoyable experience and a lower learning curve for your team means you’ll get more field data than ever before.
- More Insights: We take all of the field chatter your team posts and make sense of it. You’ll know which areas of the project need your attention now, which project partners are performing well, and your team will know exactly what they need to focus on every day.
- Work the way you want to work: We are fervent believers in “best of breed” and want to complement whatever tools are working for you today. We’re supporting those workflows with a publicly available API and aggressive integrations with other solutions. Be on the lookout for deeper integrations with Bluebeam and other applications coming soon.
In a word, everything. An entirely new design that focuses on our core tenet of communication-first, while also driving new levels of insight for you. Some highlights:
- The Feed — more conversational and media rich with lightning-fast search & filtering.
- Focus surfaces the things that need attention and gets them in front of your team.
- Pulse lets you know where things stand and what issues, locations and more are trending on the project
- Insights help you understand exactly what is happening and why; who your best project partners are, what types of issues are slowing down the job, how your resources are being managed and more.
Click here for more details.
A new logo too! This is a friendlier, easier to use, and more social Fieldlens — so we decided to update our colors and logo to match the new feel of the app.
Oh, and the L is now an l: Fieldlens — it’s always been one word to us, and now we’re making that more clear by making the l lowercase.
Where are we going next? Be on the lookout this summer for continued improvements to the new project Feed, filtering and search. Focus will continue to get smarter so you don’t miss any important updates or to-dos. We’ll provide new reporting formats and a lot of other great enhancements — for the full list click here.
Thanks for taking the time to get caught up on all that is happening. Please, let me know what you think!